Marketing and Event Officer
About the role
We are looking for customer service members to support the IDP Melbourne team with a desire to assist students to achieve their education and career aspirations, have strong Microsoft Office skills and excellent attention to detail. This position is international student facing, so excellent customer service skills and having a good understanding of the needs of international students is a must.
The Marketing and Events Officer will make sure students receive the assistance and information they require to transition into their life in Australia for study and career.
As a member of the IDP Melbourne team, this casual position requires a person who is energetic, friendly, self-motivated and organised. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Support development of yearly calendar of National events and activities to increase International student skills, increase language proficiency, and community events.
- Co-ordinate, run and assist in the organisation of student focussed events, attendance at events is required.
- Support in the sales of the service offerings, building the reputation of the brand including outbound calling.
- Liaise with the marketing team to engage with students on social media platforms.
- Liaise with the marketing team to promote events, cross-sell IDP placements at events.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge, keeping up to date with vendor changes e.g. upload new information and communicate changes on JAM (internal communication platform)
- Follow up with students by phone, or email to verify and update information on the IDP CRM system
- Support alumni engagement with networking events, job placement opportunities and peer to peer support strategies
- Maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns by telephone and in-person with care and professionalism.
- Coordinate product feedback to relay to vendors/business partners
- Research and collation of Institution and Community Service Provisions for international students
- Assist with pilot initiatives prior global launches e.g. trial new offerings, new training materials for counsellors, sales collaterals for students and more
- Resolve and track product delivery issues
- Handle complaints and feedback
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying or completed a University degree
- Strong administration and online programs knowledge and skills
- Friendly and helpful attitude towards work
- Professional manner
- Proficiency in English language
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner with a can-do attitude
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office
- A team player
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems
- International education experience
- Understand needs and issues of on-shore international students
- Proficiency in Mandarin is desirable.
We’re a global leader in international education services, supporting people to achieve their dreams of studying abroad, learning English or demonstrating their English language skills through the IELTS test to achieve a study or migration goal. Our people are passionate about supporting our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
We hire talented people who enjoy meaningful work across the globe and who develop their careers across our student placement, English language testing and teaching businesses, as well the corporate roles that support them.