- International Students in Australia
- International Students in Australia overview
- Learn about Living & Studying in Australia
- International Student Services & Advice
- Our IDP Education Students
- Search Courses
- Visa Services
- About us
- Our Team
- Contact us
- IELTS Testing
If you believe there has been an error in the test results you have received, you are entitled to apply for your test results to be marked again.
A re-mark is called an "Enquiry on Result" or EOR. There are some important considerations so please read this information carefully and if you have any questions contact your test centre.
How to apply for a remark
To apply for an EOR you must submit an EOR form within six weeks of your test date. Your test will then be sent to the head office of IDP IELTS Australia team in the global head office of IDP Education for re-marking by trained clerical markers and senior examiners who are not made aware of your original results. This ensures the re-assessment process is fair and unbiased.
The cost of an EOR is $176 (Australian dollars). You can choose to have one or more parts of your test re-marked, however the fee is the same regardless. This fee is refunded if there is an increase in score for the module(s) remarked. This process can take within six to eight weeks.
To submit your EOR complete the Enquiry on Results Application Form and post it along with your original Test Report Form, to the Melbourne Office postal address, IDP IELTS Test Centres, Remarks Applications, P.O Box 16154, Collins Street West, VIC 8007.
For UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) IELTS Test Takers :
The process is a little different if you have taken an IELTS test for UK visa & immigration purposes. Here's what to do:
- If you took your test in Sydney click here to download the form
- To submit your EOR, complete the application form & post it along with your original Test Report Form to the Sydney office at Level 2, 137 - 139 Bathurst Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- If you took your test in Port Moresby click here to download the form.
- To submit your EOR, complete the application form & post it along with your original Test Report Form to the Brisbane office at Level 3, 99 Creek Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000.