Latest visa news
Stay up-to-date with IDP
The ever changing landscape of Australian visas can be confusing. But we're here to make sense of them all, so you don't have to. Here you'll find the latest news about types of visas in Australia, and any changes that may affect you.
If you have any questions or wish to apply for an Australian visa and need assistance, contact us now for free visa advice.
The Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List has been udpated
If you have a nominated occupation listed in the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL) or Graduate occupation list (GOL), you may be eligible for Western Australian State nomination using one of the following visa subclasses:
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190); or
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
The WASMOL is available to applicants who intend to use the general stream.
The GOL is available for applicants who intend to use the graduate stream.
Each occupation on the list may have the following status:
- Available: occupation is available for nomination
- Restricted: occupation is under review and invitations to apply for State
- nomination will be limited pending the outcome of the review
- Closed: occupation is closed for invitations
It's important you check the status of your occupation on the Migration WA website. All occupations are "Available" now but things may change without notice.
What you need to know:
- Masters and PhD graduates can access all of the occupations on the GOL
- Bachelor and higher degree graduates can access some of the occupations on the GOL
- Graduates will be required to have studied for at least 2 years in a Western Australian university
- Graduates can also claim and give evidence of work experience with at least one year of Australian work experience in the nominated occupation over the last 10 years or 3 years if you have overseas work experience in the nominated occupation over the last 10 years.
- Work experience requirement is waived for Masters and PhD graduates.
- Graduates must meet English language requirements
Get the full details about eligibility requirements on the Migration WA website.
Contact us today if you have any questions and need assistance with the visa application process.