Education Queensland International (EQI) provides the opportunity to benefit from a world-class overseas education at an early age.
EQI is one of the largest providers of programs for international students in Australia. It is the international division of the Queensland Department of Education and works with leading schools to offer high-quality education.
Over 90 schools are part of the EQI International Student Program, where there are lifestyle options to suit all different kinds of learners. Students can:
- Enjoy short and long-term study options
- Choose from a wide variety of subjects
- Gain internationally-recognized qualifications
- Get ready for post-school success and earn university credit at high school
Internationals enjoy living and studying in Queensland. As well as the exceptional education system, the location boasts an affordable local lifestyle, beautiful beaches and parks, and many exciting extracurricular activities.
Programs available include:
- Primary school from Prep to Year 6
- Secondary high school from Year 7 to Year 12
- High school preparation
- International Baccalaureate (IB), with a 3-year immersion program for Year 10 to Year 12
- Various flexible pathway programs
The Queensland government strives to provide students with an inspiring education full of learning experiences. It has close partnerships with universities, researchers and industry. This ensures innovative opportunities in the classroom environment.