Visa application assistance
A student visa is an endorsement by the immigration authorities on your passport. It indicates that you are allowed to enter the country and stay to study for a specified period of time.
When should you apply for your student visa?
You can begin your student visa application once you receive confirmation of your enrolment in your chosen school or university. It’s best to apply as early as possible, regardless of when your program is due to start, as visa processing times can vary.
How do you apply for a student visa?
There are several steps to apply for a student visa. However, the order of these steps, processes and requirements may vary according to where you are planning to study.
Most students will require evidence of:
- Enrolment in a recognised educational institution
- Proof of your capacity to cover the cost of air fares, course tuition fees and living costs for you (and your family members) for the duration of your stay year
- Passport size photos and a passport valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay
- Some countries may require an evidence of your English language proficiency, ask you to undertake health examinations and/or police checks
How can IDP help with visa applications?
IDP provides visa advice so that you are fully informed on the latest visa requirements and conditions. Your IDP counsellor will also help you prepare the right documents for your submission.
The team can direct you to official websites and to authorised IMMIGRATION representatives to ensure you have the latest applications forms and guidance. To reduce the hassle, we can also help with certifying, translating and couriering your documents.
• Student visa requirements for the USA
• Student visa requirements for the UK
• Student visa requirements for Australia
• Student visa requirements for Canada
• Student visa requirements for New Zealand