- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- IELTS Test Result
- What is IELTS?
- IELTS Test Center Bangladesh
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Results
- Common IELTS Questions
- IELTS Examiner Recruitment
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Prepare for IELTS
Before starting with IELTS preparation, it is necessary to know that IELTS is a 3-hour long test, consisting of 4 sections i.e. reading, listening, speaking and writing. Carried out in an online environment, there are certain centres where you can give this language proficiency test in Bangladesh.
How to Prepare for IELTS?
IELTS test preparation isn’t tough, if strategized properly. There are a few tips, which you can follow:
Enhance your English Skills:
Speaking and reading skills, along with the vocabulary and sentence formation, needs to be improved for IELTS exam preparation. Here are a few tips for doing this:
- The first thing you can do is to use IELTS preparation books by IDP and start learning from them.
- You can alternatively opt for training from some reputed institute, if you feel you will not be able to manage it yourself.
- Using English on daily basis can improve your language proficiency too.
- Try to read, write and speak English as much as possible. This will help you gain the good score on the exam.
- Create a group of friends and practice speaking English.
- Read English newspaper and listen to English news channels or radio.
- Watch Hollywood movies with subtitles in English.
- Write letters, emails, etc. in English and practice on your written skills well. This way you’ll be introducing the language in your daily life making it easier for you to get comfortable with it.
Understand the Test Format:
Make yourself familiar with the format of IELTS exam. It will help you to prepare for the exam well. Primarily, there are two versions of IELTS, which are:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
For IELTS test, speaking and listening sections are somewhat similar but reading and writing sections are different. Do not believe in the myths or any kind of test rumours, just believe in your potential and practice well. Knowing this can help you in IELTS test Preparation.
Practice the Sample Questions of IELTS:
Use the IELTS preparation books for practicing the samples of the IELTS test. You can download the books online from the official website; otherwise, they are also available at the IDP Registration centres. After the purchase of the book, start practicing for the IELTS exams preparation without delay. Solve various sample questions, as it will help you in giving the idea about the level of the IELTS examination. Ask your mentors for the feedback on your solved questions. Testing your skills will surely make you more confident.
Feel Relaxed before the day of your Exam:
- Before the day of your exam, make sure to stay relaxed and try understanding all the test rules and IELTS format.
- Reach your examination centre at right time, well before the examination starts.
- Make sure to take plenty of rest before the exam night.