- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Student stories
- Step-by-step guide
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- IELTS Test Result
- What is IELTS?
- IELTS Test Center Bangladesh
- Prepare for IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- IELTS Results
- Common IELTS Questions
- IELTS Examiner Recruitment
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
To fulfil the students’ dream of studying abroad and professionals’ dream of working offshore, it is necessary that they should clear IELTS exam. For the youth in Bangladesh, preparing for this English skill-testing examination, guided and well-planned preparation can help. There are several tips, which can help you clear the exam without much complication, as arrayed below:
Tips for IELTS Reading Test:
Reading is the second part of the IELTS examination, and it takes about 60 minutes. It usually comprises of three or sometimes five reading passages of difficulty in an increasing manner. It has a total of 40 questions. Here are some IELTS Reading tips for the aspirants:
- Fine-examine every detail of the figures, graphs or images to write the most accurate answer.
- Focus on capitalization of words, underlining, etc.
- Understand the question carefully, before writing the answer.
- Be precise, grammatically-correct and to-the-point.
- Take care of word limit.
- Attempt every question as there is no negative marking.
The General and Academic Training Reading tests are usually graded to the same level. However, the texts mentioned in the Academic Reading Test can be more challenging as compared to those mentioned in the General Training Test.
IELTS Speaking Tips
- Speak clear, slow and fluent.
- Be mindful while speaking; don’t stretch the answer with unnecessary phrases.
- Speak confidently.
- Don’t take long pauses.
IELTS Writing Tips
- Perform a thorough analysis of assigned task and prepare the answer in your brain, before actually answering any question.
- Avoid repetition of ideas, phrases and words.
- Do not make the sentences complex and ambiguous by writing long paragraphs and sentences.
- Avoid writing in passive or using bullet points.
- Always proofread after writing, in order to avoid grammar and punctuation mistakes.
- Reserve 40 out of the 60 minutes for Task 2 as it is lengthy and carries more marks than the first task.
IELTS Listening Tips
- Carefully hear the recording with attention; it will be played once only.
- Actively listen and take notes while hearing.
- Avoid wasting time in what you’ve missed hearing or forgot. Try to present the understood part in the best possible way.
- Write according to the given word limit and re-check for errors before wrapping it up.
Common instructions to the candidates while undertaking an IELTS Test
A few tips related to IELTS in Bangladesh, which every aspirant should follow, are:
- During online IELTS test, you need to have a secure internet connection. It is so because disruption in your internet connection may lead to complications.
- You have to write the name and candidate number in the spaces at the top of the page. Failing at this may lead to cancellation of the exam.
- You have to write all the answers on the answer sheet that has been given to you.
Prepare well before appearing in the IELTS Exam.