Study Information Technology In Canada
Information Technology (IT) is a fast growing industry that involves the use, development and maintenance of computer software and systems, and networks to process and distribute data. It is the driving force behind all major industries including manufacturing, travel, education, FMCG and others.
IT courses focus on the development of theoretical foundation for information and computer systems, and its applications. As an IT student in Canada, you will have the option to specialise in areas like computer networks, virtualisation technologies, programming, windows server administration, IT security, disaster recovery, web technologies, information databases, and multimedia.
Popular IT course in Canada
Scope of Information Technology in Canada
Pursuing IT in Canada can help you gain highly marketable technical proficiency. Also, the teaching methodologies and practices of Canadian universities enable hand-on experience in advanced technical concepts, project management and solving complex technical problems.
There are many avenues that you can avail as an expert in IT, some include:
- System Developer
- Database Manager/Administrator
- Business Analyst
- IT Consultant
- Information System Manager
- System Testers
- Hardware Engineer
- Project Manager
What you need
- UG (Degree/Diploma) – completed Class 12th with minimum qualifying marks as set by your chosen school or university
- PG (Degree/Diploma) – successful completion of four years bachelor's degree in relevant field from a recognised school or university
- Students coming from non-English speaking countries may have to undertake an English Proficiency test such as IELTS to qualify for Canadian degree or diploma
Advantages of pursuing an IT course in Canada
- Being a thriving economy that is home to several multi-nationals, Canada has a high demand for qualified IT experts
- Apart from degree programs, you can also opt for specialised trade requirement-based diploma and Post graduate diploma programs
- Canadian education system focuses on providing hands-on experience via live projects, internships and case studies, this makes you work ready immediately after your studies
- Valuable training is provided on various business-related topics including project management, IT service management (ITIL), soft skills, leadership, and teamwork
Note: Given the current COVID-19 situation, there might be some changes in the 2020/2021 intakes. Don’t worry, our international education experts are here to guide you with the latest updates to help you apply to your desired course and institution. Feel free to connect with our experts for a free counselling session and keep posted about the latest COVID- 19 updates.
Read NextList of Universities in Canada For IT