New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards 2016
The 2016 New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards open for application on 01 February 2016New Zealand is offering up to 35 scholarships in the 2016 selection round for those who are working in the public, private or civil society sectors to study in New Zealand at Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s and PhD Level
NZAS Awards cover tuition and orientation fees, an economy return airfare, a basic living allowance (including accommodation expenses), and medical and travel insurance.
The application process
We strongly advise applicants to apply online and to do so well before the closing date. Please note that the online application form has been designed to be easy to use and suitable for low bandwidth and intermittent internet. For more information about the scholarships and how to apply please go to www.mfat.govt.nz/schols
Online applications close on midnight NZST, 30 April 2016.
If you do not have access to internet to apply online, please request a paper-based application form at (855) 23 222 063 or send us an enquiry at https://scholarship.force.com/communitylandingpage.
Paper Applications close on 17:00, 15 April 2016.
Brochure is downloadable Here
Applicants must submit their completed paper applications to IDP Education (Cambodia) at #167, St 163 Corner St 480, Sangkat Phsar Deumthkov, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh) by 17:00, 15 April 2016. Late applications will not be accepted.Eligibility criteria checklist
Applicants from all eligible countries must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of starting the scholarship
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship
- Have been living in this country for at least the last two years (unless you are a member of the diplomatic corps or a dependent of a member of the diplomatic corps)
- Not currently serving in the military
- Meet Immigration requirements for a student visa to New Zealand.
- Meet the academic entry requirements (including English language ability) to get into my preferred programme of study
- Have not been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship because of poor academic performance or personal conduct
- Committed to return to your country for a minimum of two years at the end of my scholarship to contribute to your country’s development
- Not a citizen or permanent resident of any of the following countries: New Zealand, Israel, South Korea, Australia, Japan, USA, Any European Union country, Qatar, United Kingdom, Canada, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
- Have at least two years of work experience (part time or full time, paid or voluntary)
Further information, please contact:
IDP Education (Cambodia) within the ACE Tuol Tom Poung at:#167, St 163 Corner St 480, Sangkat Phsar Deumthkov
Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Tel: (023) 222 063