Talk to us arrow

hipchat Call
text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation

Student Health, Medical, Home & Contents Insurance in USA

Protect yourself with insurance

When you arrive in the United States, it’s a good idea to get yourself sorted with insurance. Be sure to shop around to find the best policy to suit your needs.

Health insurance

There are no specific insurance requirements set out for international students. However, in most cases your institution will determine the base level of coverage you require. If your school or institution has no specific insurance requirements, then you should carefully consider the level of coverage you may need as insufficient coverage could leave you with very significant expenses if you require medical treatment.

Travel insurance

Travel insurance policies differ, depending on the type of cover you need. A typical travel insurance policy covers lost or stolen possessions, and medical care.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance, also known as Student Property Insurance or Dorm Insurance in the U.S., covers your belongings against loss or damage caused by theft, fire, vandalism, storms, floods and burst pipes. Most policies set limits on the size of any claims, so make sure the limits cover your valuables.

Recommended articles

Health and support services available in the US

Moving to a new country isn’t an easy task. If you find yourself struggling to adjust, feeling isolated, or feel someone has treated you unfairly, support services are available.

Survival tips for international students in the first year

You are about to start your life-changing experience of studying abroad. It’s a dream come true, but you may feel anxious or worried about how you’re going to survive your first year abroad, away from your family and friends.

People and culture

The U.S. is one of the most diverse countries in the world and its exact breakdown of ethnic diversity is extremely difficult to determine as most Americans come from a variety of ethnic backgrounds.

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list