Some borders are closed, but study options are still available!!
Australia and New Zealand borders remain closed, though the countries have started pilot projects to allow students to travel and complete courses. The February 2021 intake is going to be virtual for all students.
If you are still keen to study in Australia and New Zealand, you can study online with most of the universities; these universities have set up platforms to provide a similar experience to the Face-to-Face (F2F) format. This will also help you to start your course in your dream destination and travel when the borders open.
However, if you are still interested in the F2F format or travelling to the student destination, then don’t worry, there are options for you:
- United Kingdom – UK borders are still open for students to travel and students will initially study online until campuses open. Students from UAE, KSA & Bahrain do not require to self-isolate. The government has also acknowledged that international students will also receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Ireland – Most higher education institutes are delivering courses through a combination of online and F2F format. Borders are open to travel, however, students will need to study online till campuses open.
- Canada – Canada was the first major study destination to open borders to international students. The borders are open and universities are delivering courses either F2F, online or hybrid formats. Students who travel will be quarantined for 14 days before joining the university which must have an approved COVID-19 plan.
- Malaysia – International students with valid visas may return to Malaysia and join their universities on 1st January 2021. Visa processing is also expected to start for the prospective students. Students have to undergo RT-PCR test upon arrival and will be quarantined for 10 days.
- USA – While classes are following online or hybrid models, the USA’s borders are open to international students and visas being processed. Quarantine measures may vary from campus to campus, and social distancing is being enforced across the country.