Texas State University offers a number of innovative and exciting programs in a variety of fields. These include:
- Dementia and Aging studies – The program, which is the first of its kind in the U.S., prepares students to work with caregivers and understand the complexities of aging, dementia and facilitating supportive as well as empowering environments for the elderly.
- Data Analytics and Information Systems – Students are equipped with key skills to analyze data in order to inform decision making. Students will develop the ability to work with large data sets to produce information that can be used to develop key strategy.
- Marketing Research and Analysis – The program focuses on digital marketing, analytics, communication and technology skills to allow students to undertake complex market research and analysis, using the information obtained to develop solutions and underpin planning.
- Applied Anthropology (Doctoral) – One of only three in the U.S., the program equips students to develop careers in government, nonprofits, healthcare, museums, business, and academia. Students garner applied research skills as well as competencies sought after by employers.
- MSEC – The materials science, engineering and commercialization PhD program builds on biology, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, engineering, engineering technology and business training. Students graduate as effective entrepreneurial leaders with the skills to conduct interdisciplinary research.
The fall 2020 application deadline has been extended by the university. Undergraduate applicants have until August the 1st 2020 to apply, while graduate students can lodge an application until July 1, 2020*. Students can select from over 200 programs, from music to computer science and business to geography. The university is committed to helping students transform classroom knowledge into practical and marketable skills that can be used in a competitive global marketplace.
*Application deadlines for graduate students will vary by program. Please refer to our list of Graduate Programs to verify application deadline extension.