Non-Executive Director and Chairman
- Peter was appointed as a Non-Executive Director at IDP Education in March 2007
- Peter has broad experience in the financial services industry. He has held positions as Managing Director of the international funds management business with the Colonial Group and then as an executive with the Commonwealth Banking Group. In his role he had responsibility for all investment and insurance services, including the group’s funds management, master funds, superannuation and insurance businesses and third party support services for brokers, agents and financial advisers
- He is Chairman of Challenger Limited (listed company director since November 2003), Challenger Life Company Limited, Avant Group Insurance Limited and Very Special Kids
- He is also a director of Avant Mutual Group Limited and Avant Group Holdings Limited
Chief Executive Office and Managing Director
- Andrew was appointed as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director at IDP Education in August 2015
- Andrew has extensive experience in the technology, services and software industry, with over 20 years of senior management experience in roles across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and North America
- Prior to joining IDP Education, Andrew worked for SAP as President of Australia and New Zealand
- Prior to his role at SAP, Andrew held leadership roles at Unisys, including as Vice President of Unisys’ Asia Pacific Japan operations covering 13 countries, as Member of Unisys’ Global Executive Committee and as Chairman of Unisys West, a technology services joint venture between BankWest and Unisys
- Earlier in his career, Andrew was Vice President and General Manager of PeopleSoft’s Asia Pacific region prior to the company’s acquisition by Oracle.
- Ariane was appointed as a Non-Executive Director at IDP Education at the completion of its IPO in November 2015 and is Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee
- Ariane heads the Products and Markets division at wealth management firm JBWere. She is a member of the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute (MCRI) Investment Committee and Development Board as well as a former Board Member of Emergency Services & State Superannuation (ESSSuper)
- Ariane has extensive experience in international finance, risk management, and debt and equity capital markets, having worked in executive roles with Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and HSBC in the United States, Europe, Japan and Hong Kong
- Ariane is a graduate and member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
Professor David Battersby AM
- David was appointed as a Non-Executive Director at IDP Education in February 2011
- He was appointed Vice-Chancellor of Federation University Australia in early 2014 and was previously Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ballarat, a position to which he was appointed in 2006
- David’s previous senior appointments have been at universities in Australia and New Zealand. He has undertaken consultancies for UNESCO, the OECD and various government agencies
- He was foundation Chair of the Australian Regional Universities Network and the board of the Museum of Australian Democracy at Eureka and is currently on the board of directors for Business Higher Education Round Table Board, Committee for Ballarat and Melbourne Institute of Technology
- David is also Chair of the Board of Education Australia Limited
- Belinda was appointed as a Non-Executive Director at IDP Education in November 2015
- Belinda is the Chief Executive and Executive Director of Universities Australia, the peak body representing Australia’s 39 comprehensive universities. She is also a Director of The Conversion Media Group and Education Australia. Belinda is highly qualified company director with more than two decades’ experience sitting on ASX-listed (Non-executive Director of Beach Energy Limited from May 2011 to February 2016), government and NGO boards and committees
- Belinda has extensive knowledge and experience in higher education policy, government processes, political advocacy, corporate governance and remuneration. Belinda has been the Chief Executive of peak industry bodies for more than 15 years and has held a number of senior and senior executive positions within the Federal Australian Government, including eight years with the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Belinda has a Master of Environment Law (Australian National University); a Bachelor of Arts (University of New England); is a long-standing graduate member of the AICD and has completed the AICD’s Chair’s Mentoring Program
- Greg was appointed as a Non-Executive Director at IDP Education in December 2006
- Greg is a Chartered Accountant with experience in investment banking and financial services. Greg is Chief Executive Officer of the ASX listed biotech, Benitec Biopharma Limited.
- He is a Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of UOWD Limited (a business arm of Wollongong University)
- Previously, he has worked at Price Waterhouse and has held senior finance executive roles in investment banking with Bankers Trust, Deutsche Bank, NZI and other financial institutions
- Greg is also a Director of Education Australia
Chris Leptos AM
- Chris was appointed as a Non-Executive Director at IDP Education in November 2015
- His other Board roles include Deputy Chairman of Flagstaff Partners, and Non-Executive Director of PPB Advisory and Arete Capital Partners. Chris retired as Deputy Chairman of Linking Melbourne Authority in December 2015. He is also a member of the Australian Research Industry Advisory Board, the Advisory Board of The University of Melbourne Faculty of Business & Economics, the Advisory Council of Asialink, a Professorial Fellow at Monash University, a Governor of The Smith Family, and a Fellow of the AICD.
- Chris was previously a Senior Partner with KPMG and Managing Partner Government at Ernst & Young where he had national responsibility for leading the public sector and higher education practice.
- Earlier in his career, Chris was General Manager of Corporate Development for Western Mining Corporation and Chief of Staff to Senator John Button. He was a member of the Infrastructure Planning Council of Victoria and the Australian Information Economy Advisory Council.
- Chris has lived and worked in Jakarta, Shanghai, Tokyo, London and Toronto, and in 2000 he was designated a Member of the Order of Australia for services to business and the community.