Can international students stay in Ireland after graduation?
You asked, we answered. You asked "Can international students stay in Ireland after graduation?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
Institute of Technology Carlow
They are entitled to stay in Ireland after they graduate. So anyone who does a masters degree is entitled to a two year stay back. It's an automatic entitlement. Anyone who does a degree is entitled to one year stay back. And that enables the students to go and find work in which they can then go and seek a work permit, which is enable them to stay even longer. And there are lots of companies that are looking for graduates, international graduates, giving work permits. So that's what the situation is in Ireland.
University of Limerick
So one of the best features of studying in Ireland is that you get an automatic stayback visa after you graduate. So bachelors students get a one year stayback and master's and PhD students get a two year stayback visa. So the university will sponsor your visa and you can work unrestricted for at times you can find work in any company that you want. If you want to remain longer than that, you need to apply for a sponsored visa after the two years is up. So it's a really good opportunity.
University College Dublin
Yes, absolutely, our undergraduate students can stay for one year and our graduate students can stay for two years with a third level of graduate program. This visa is available to all international students in Ireland. You can find out more about this on our website. ucd.ie/global.
Similar questions from students
- Will studying online affect my eligibility for the Postgraduate work permit?
- Why should international students choose the USA to study abroad?
- Why should international students choose the USA over other destinations?
- Can international students stay in the USA after graduation?
- Can international students stay in UK after graduation?
- What is the job market like in UK for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in Canada after graduation?
- What is the job market like in Ireland for international graduates?
- What is the job market like in Canada for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in New Zealand after graduation?
- What is the job market like in New Zealand for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in Australia after graduation?
- What career or employment services do you offer?
- What part-time, casual or on-campus jobs are available at your university?
- What jobs can international students do in Australia?
- What are the advantages of studying in a regional area?