Can international students stay in UK after graduation?
You asked, we answered. You asked "Can international students stay in UK after graduation?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
Hi, Patrick, from Cardiff University here. Can international students stay in the U.K. after graduation? Yes, they can. The UK's new graduates immigration route will open in summer 2021. And as long as your university is approved by the Home Office, Cardiff is, and certainly most UK universities are, then you'll be able to apply to stay to work in the UK for up to two years or three years if you're a PhD student in any kind of job, at any kind of level that you can find. So it's a great opportunity.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Hello, Carys here from Cardiff Met, the answer is yes, you can stay in the UK after you graduate either to study or to work. If you want to continue your studies at Cardiff Met, we will offer you a twenty five percent alumni discount to study your masters, or you could go on to study a PhD. The other option is to apply for a post study work visa, which will give you two years in the UK to work full time.
University of Derby
Hi, my name is Anna and I'm an international crime officer at the University of Derby International students can stay in the UK for two years after graduation. This new graduate will allow eligible students to work or look for work at any school level for a period of two years following completion of that course. This is expected to start in summer 2021 and will support you to find work and begin careers in the UK.
Leeds Beckett University
Hi, my name is Davina's and I am an international development officer at Leeds Beckett University in the U.K. Great news, everyone from summer 2021, all the international students who have successfully completed their undergraduate or master's degree will have an opportunity to benefit from two years of study work experience here in the U.K. through this new graduate route, all the students upon completion will have three years to work on such visa.
Similar questions from students
- Will studying online affect my eligibility for the Postgraduate work permit?
- Why should international students choose the USA to study abroad?
- Why should international students choose the USA over other destinations?
- Can international students stay in the USA after graduation?
- What is the job market like in UK for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in Ireland after graduation?
- Can international students stay in Canada after graduation?
- What is the job market like in Ireland for international graduates?
- What is the job market like in Canada for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in New Zealand after graduation?
- What is the job market like in New Zealand for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in Australia after graduation?
- What career or employment services do you offer?
- What part-time, casual or on-campus jobs are available at your university?
- What jobs can international students do in Australia?
- What are the advantages of studying in a regional area?