How do you support students with disabilities or medical conditions?
You asked, we answered. You asked "How do you support students with disabilities or medical conditions?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
Institute of Technology Carlow
Any student with medical or disability issues can deal with through the international office initially, but we will refer them to our student services people who can advise the facilities and the supports available through their services.
University of Winnipeg
The University of Winnipeg places a very high value on supporting students with medical conditions or disabilities. You can see this right from the beginning of our application where students can indicate if they would like to be in touch with our accessibility services department and all throughout their studies, they can get in touch with the department at any point in time. Of course, there may be medical conditions or a student may be adjusting to the transition from their home countries to Canada. And we're always here for you.
Similar questions from students
- What discounts are available for international students at your university?
- What clubs, unions or groups can international students join?
- Does your university offer an additional term for this year?
- What career or employment services do you offer?
- Should international students work in their first year of study?
- What support services do you offer international students?
- How does your university support an environment free of discrimination and harassment?
- What support do you offer to undergraduate international students?
- Do you have support or resources to help students with English-language skills?
- What health services do you offer to international students?
- What is the job market like in Ireland for international graduates?
- What accommodation options do you offer international students?
- What study pathways are available to international students at your university?
- How can international students practice their English while studying at your university?
- Is there any financial support for international students during this difficult time?