How many intakes do universities in the UK offer?
You asked, we answered. You asked "How many intakes do universities in the UK offer?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
UK universities offer two main intakes which are September and January. However, not all the courses are open to start in January and the main intake is September.
University of Chester (United Kingdom)
At the University of Chester, we can only offer three intakes and the main intake being the September and October intake, but then we do have another intake in January for some postgraduate courses and then we have a May intake for business courses. And you can find all the information about which courses run in which intakes on our website, which is to be www1.chester.ac.uk.
When it comes to the U.K., the main intake for majority of the institutions will take place in September and they also have a smaller intake that will take place in January. However, when it comes to the general intake, they are much more focusing on postgraduate courses and also some limited courses for undergraduate as well.
There are multiple options for students who want to pursue a study in the UK, for example, like they can start in January, which is a spring intake, they can study their program in September, which is automatic and which is one of the major intake. And there are a few Twisties and programs which have offering to start in April and May, which is summer intake.
Liverpool John Moores University
Most universities in the U.K. start their academic year in September. However, a lot of them have courses that will have further intakes throughout the academic year. Usually these are limited and not offered on all courses. So always check on the course details page on the website to see how many intakes they offer. When you receive your offer letter, you will have the course start date listed on there. If your course has several intakes, always check to make sure you know which month you start.
Anglia Ruskin University
My name is Nana of Anglia Ruskin University (ARU). Over here at Anglia Ruskin University, we got two major intakes in a year, one in September every year. As well, in the other in January every year. And I would truly look forward to welcoming you to any of our campuses. Two major campuses, one in Cambridge, Indiana in Chelmsford. Look forward to welcoming you by.
Similar questions from students
- What is CPT in the USA?
- What is OPT in the USA?
- What are the most popular courses in the UK?
- Can I transfer credit from my current university to another institution in Canada?
- Are Co-ops for students paid?
- What is a Co-op for students?
- What are popular university clubs or activities for law students?
- What are popular university clubs or activities for business students?
- If I decide to study online but don't like it, what are my options?
- What is the difference between a Study Abroad program and a Student Exchange program?
- As an international student, can I study part-time in Australia?
- What is the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) and do I need to pay it?
- What is O-Week?
- What is the International Student Admissions Test (ISAT)?
- What is a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)?
- Is it cheaper to study online or on-campus?
- How likely is it for Canada to have a fall intake during COVID-19?
- What pathway programs are available to international students at your university?
- What are the entry requirements for an MBA in the UK?
- What are the study hours like in the UK?
- What IELTS score is required to study a master's degree in the UK?
- How many intakes do universities in the USA offer?
- Can I submit two course preferences for the same university?
- What is the minimum IELTS score required to study in Canada?
- Can I apply to study in Canada if I have an overall IELTS score of 5.5?
- What is the difference between universities and colleges in Canada?
- How long does it take to receive an offer to study in Canada?
- What is the application fee for universities and colleges in Canada?
- How many intakes do Australian universities offer?
- Where can I get an update on the satus of my university application?
- What's the educational grading system like in Australia?
- What are the top universities in Australia to study data science?
- What are some of the most unique classes or courses that your university offers?
- What application materials does your university require?
- What is a pathway program?
- What is a GPA?
- Can I travel home during my semester breaks?
- How long does it take to get accepted into a university in the USA?
- Can I apply for more than one program at the same university?
- Are there any fee waivers I should be aware of when applying to universities in the USA?
- How many hours can I work while studying in the USA on an F1 visa?
- Are rankings an important factor when shortlisting universities in the USA?
- Why does a master's degree in the UK only take one year to complete?
- What's the first step to apply for universities in the UK?
- How many hours can I work while studying in the UK?
- What is the process for undergraduate applications in the UK?
- What is the Graduate Immigration Route (GIR)?
- Can I apply for a master's degree in Canada with only 15 years of education?
- How do I find out whether my university or college is accredited?
- What is the difference between college and university in Canada?
- How many hours can I work while studying in Canada?
- Can a student change their stream, or university or college after arriving in Canada?
- What is the difference between postgraduate diplomas and master's degrees in Canada?
- What IELTS score do I need to get into a Canadian university or college?
- How many top-ranking universities are there in Australia?
- When is the major intake for Australia?
- What are the admission requirements to study in Australia?
- What are the visa requirements to study in Australia?
- If I have two years of work experience, can I apply for a master's degree?
- What regions in Australia offer four-year post-study work permits?
- What IELTS score do I need to get into an Australian university?
- How many hours can I work while studying in Australia?
- Where can I find the nearest IDP office?
- Which universities in New South Wales offer medicine courses?
- Can I study a master's degree in nursing without a background in nursing?
- Can I study a master's degree in social work without a background in social work?
- Can I study a master's degree in IT without a background in IT?
- Do I need to apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) when I change my course onshore?
- Can I study part-time on a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)?
- What regional universities are there in Western Australia?
- What regional universities are there in South Australia?
- What is the benefit of studying a course in cyber security?
- How do I become an enrolled nurse in Australia?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for Australia?
- What are the advantages of studying in a regional area?
- Does your university offer an additional term for this year?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for New Zealand?
- What's your tip for international students to succeed in their first year?
- What are the benefits of studying outside of major cities?
- What pre-college or summer programs in the UK and the USA offer scholarships?
- Can I get a scholarship to study in New Zealand?
- Which Australian university is the most affordable for a master's degree in accounting?
- What is the probability of getting a work permit in the UK as a physiotherapist?
- How will your university support me in finding a career I love?
- What should I study to become a teacher in Australia?
- How do I become a social worker in Australia?
- What is a popular course for engineering?
- How many years does it take to become a nurse in Australia?
- How much does it cost to study nursing in Australia?
- Why should I study nursing in Australia?
- What courses do you offer online?
- Will there be a relaxation in tuition fees if I opt for online classes?
- Will taking online classes affect my OPT eligibility?
- What is the quality of online study?
- Will studying online affect my eligibility for the Postgraduate work permit?
- Do you offer online study options during COVID-19?
- What are my options if I don't want to study online during COVID-19?
- Why should international students choose the USA to study abroad?
- Why should international students choose the USA over other destinations?
- What is the best way to make friends in the USA?
- How is your university preparing students for jobs of the future?
- Who's your favourite professor or course instructor and why?
- What is the next intake for international students wanting to study in the UK?
- How do I accept my offer letter and pay the tuition fee?
- Am I able to defer my studies if I can't organise flights to my home country?
- Will I be able to study online if COVID-19 prevents me from travelling?
- Do I need to return home if I defer my studies during COVID-19?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for UK?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for Canada?
- Will there be changes to the IELTS entry requirements in 2021?
- How can students stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 developments?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for the USA?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for Ireland?
- What intakes are currently available in Australia?
- What courses are in demand in Australia?
- What's the average size of a class?
- Can I transfer to another institution if I've been in my program for less than 6 months?
- Am I able to go back home if I'm currently on a Bridging visa?
- What kind of program can I apply for if my Student visa is going to expire soon?