What are the best ways to get around and explore the city?
You asked, we answered. You asked "What are the best ways to get around and explore the city?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
The University of Sydney
Sean here, I'm just standing behind the quadrangle building on the campus and talking about the best ways to get around Sydney City. As you can see, there are plenty of cyclists that drive in and out of that campus each day. Personally, when I moved to Sydney, I sold my vehicle, and that was just because we had such a good public transport system. All you need to get is an open cut. There are also many places for buses, trains and ferries to get anywhere.
University of South Australia
Hi, this is Sarah from NASA. I'm here at this U.S. campus in L.A. City, the city is known as a 20 minute city, which means that it only takes 20 minutes to get to the beaches of the hills. The city center is serviced by free transit buses. So you can just hop on whenever you want. The city is also quite flat. So it's very easy if you don't have a car to get it out by foot off my bike.
University of New England
Armidale is a very accessible, small city, and my favorite way to see the sites around town is by bicycle. Cycling gives you a good slow pace to take in the sights. There's a bike path connecting the university and the city, which is safe, inconvenient when you are riding on the road. Drivers are courteous towards cyclists. There's not really too much traffic. It's hilly, but never too steep. And there are a lot of historic buildings and other sites to check out.
Similar questions from students
- Can you name some notable or famous alumni from your university?
- Why should international students choose to study at your university?
- What's your tip for international students to succeed in their first year?
- What discounts are available for international students at your university?
- What clubs, unions or groups can international students join?
- Can you describe student life at your university in 3 words?
- What student activities do you offer?
- What’s an interesting fact about your university?
- What is the best way to make friends in New Zealand?
- What are the benefits of studying outside of major cities?
- How diverse is your university's student population?
- What challenges do international students face?
- What is your favourite place on campus?
- Where do students hang out near campus?
- What is the best way to make friends in Ireland?
- What is the best way to make friends in Canada?
- What is the best way to make friends in the UK?
- What is the best way to make friends in Australia?
- What is the cost of living in the USA?
- What support do you offer to postgraduate international students?
- Which city in the USA is best for international students?
- Where do you recommend new students to visit in your city?
- What do you like about working at your university?