What is the weather like in the UK?
You asked, we answered. You asked "What is the weather like in the UK?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Hello, Carys from Cardiff Met. We get a real mix of weather in the UK, one minute it can be raining, the next the sun is out. Generally our summers are quite warm around 20 to 30 degrees when everyone is down the beach in their shorts and t-shirts. And then in the winter time, temperatures can reach around zero degrees. So quite cold, but perfect for cozy nights in log fires and pajama parties.
Leeds Beckett University
I'm Vic and international officer from Leeds University. The weather in the UK can be a little unpredictable. We have a bit of a joke that you can have all four seasons in one day. So it's not unusual to carry sunglasses and an umbrella. And I would definitely recommend layering clothes. It does get quite cold in the winter, but we have some beautiful long days in the summer.
Nottingham Trent University
Hi, I am Subotic and I'm international student engagement assistant at Nottingham Trent University. Well, the weather in the UK can be quite unpredictable. The winters are super cold and in summer the temperature might go up to 30 degrees Celsius. I would recommend you all to carry umbrellas throughout the.
Hi, I'm Reese from Cardiff University. What's the weather like in the UK? Well, the UK has four very distinct seasons, sometimes coming all in one day. So perhaps one answer to the question is that UK weather is pretty changeable. But please don't believe the hype. It's not just rain, rain, rain. We also have glorious sunshine from time to time. So of course do pack an umbrella. But don't forget your shades. Whatever the weather, I am sure that studying in the UK and studying at Cardiff University will be an experience that will serve you extremely well.
University of Derby
Hi, my name is Monica and I'm an international student at the University of Derby in the UK can be quite unpredictable. On average, the temperatures in windows may fluctuate between 27 degrees Celsius and go up to 30 degrees during a heat wave. An umbrella, however, is a must as one can experience drizzling rain and radiance and light in a single afternoon. It is also advised to leave your clothes to be ready for any unforeseeable weather change.
Similar questions from students
- What is the weather like in New Zealand?
- What should international students pack and bring with them to New Zealand?
- What should international students pack and bring with them to Ireland?
- What should international students pack and bring with them to Canada?
- What is the weather like in the USA?
- What should international students pack and bring with them to the USA?
- What should international students pack and bring with them to UK?
- What is the weather like in Ireland?
- What is the weather like in Canada?
- What is the weather like in Australia?
- What should international students pack and bring with them to Australia?