Which city in the USA is best for international students?
You asked, we answered. You asked "Which city in the USA is best for international students?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
There are so many amazing cities and states in the US, but Massachusetts is my favorite. You're probably familiar with the city of Boston, which is frequently ranked atop city in the US for international students. Clark University is located just 45 minutes from Boston in the city of Leicester, where is a college town with over thirty thousand college students and a ton of booming industries for job and internship opportunities after graduation.
California State University, San Bernardino
The city of San Bernardino is a community rich in history and cultural diversity. We sit south of the cemetery, no mountains and west of the lower desert. We are approximately 40 minutes away from Big Bear and approximately 40 minutes away from Santa Monica.
California State University, Northridge
What makes our city desirable to international students? There are many reasons. We are located in Northridge, which is like a suburb of Los Angeles, California, United States, West Coast. So whether a lot of the city is safe, it's a it's a university community. But close to everything that L.A. has to offer is a very diverse community with students and people from all over the world. We love lots of job opportunities as well. A great place to be.
Western New England University
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts. This is about an hour and a half away from Boston and about three hours away from New York City, we're located in a very safe residential area of Springfield. What's nice about this location is that we're close enough to the cities where students get to travel and they have a lot of opportunity to network and get jobs after graduation, although because we're outside of the major cities, the cost of living is much cheaper for students.
Portland State University
I think Portland's a very attractive city to international students for many reasons, first of all, city parks, their city parks all over the city and it's an amazing balance between urban and green. Portland's a very green city. Second, I think people are very friendly, very approachable. You can ask them questions if you get lost and they will answer them. And it's been really nice. Third of all, I think it's a very easy and navigate buses, trains, trams. They can get you anywhere in the city really quickly for one single ticket and a very cheap price.
Shoreline Community College
Shoreline Community College is located just outside of downtown Seattle, about 15 minute drive with Seattle being home to some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world, such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Boeing and more. It is a great place for students to get acclimated to not only a great education at Shoreline, but a great opportunity to have chances at internships and jobs upon graduation at some of the largest companies in the world, along with the downtown area being so close. We're right on the Puget Sound and less than an hour drive from some of the largest mountain ranges and forest preserves in the country with Mt. Rainier Olympic National Park and the list goes on. So it's really a community college. You're not only located near a great city and a great environment, but you can go on to one of the fastest growing cities in the United States on the largest international populations as well.
Iowa State University
Hi, I'm an international student from Malaysia majoring in diabetics, so Iowa State is located in Ames. It's a city in the state of Iowa. So Ames is actually a really beautiful city, especially in the fall and in the winter seasons. I think if you're looking for a really safe, really peaceful and quiet environment to complete your studies, you really enjoy studying here.
University of North Texas
When you're looking for a university, you want a location that is in the safe, student friendly neighborhood that a small town has, but also a location close to companies to offer internships in your fields, the University of North Texas is the best of both worlds. We are located in Denton, Texas, small town right next to Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, a big city where opportunities for you to the. Welcome to the University of North Texas.
Florida Institute of Technology
The best city for international students to study in the US is Melbourne, Florida, home of Florida Tech. We have a travel climate, so it's summer all year round. You're ten minutes away from some of the world's most beautiful beaches. You're one hour away from the world's most famous theme parks, including Disney. Where else in the world will you walk out your door and see a rocket launch?
Similar questions from students
- Can you name some notable or famous alumni from your university?
- Why should international students choose to study at your university?
- What's your tip for international students to succeed in their first year?
- What discounts are available for international students at your university?
- What clubs, unions or groups can international students join?
- What are the best ways to get around and explore the city?
- Can you describe student life at your university in 3 words?
- What student activities do you offer?
- What’s an interesting fact about your university?
- What is the best way to make friends in New Zealand?
- What are the benefits of studying outside of major cities?
- How diverse is your university's student population?
- What challenges do international students face?
- What is your favourite place on campus?
- Where do students hang out near campus?
- What is the best way to make friends in Ireland?
- What is the best way to make friends in Canada?
- What is the best way to make friends in the UK?
- What is the best way to make friends in Australia?
- What is the cost of living in the USA?
- What support do you offer to postgraduate international students?
- Where do you recommend new students to visit in your city?
- What do you like about working at your university?