text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

If you're planning to study in Australia, we have a range of extra support services, known as IDP Student Essentials, to help you settle into your new country.

Pack for Australia and we’ll help with your health insurance.

For many international students, health insurance is mandatory and a requirement for your visa or to register for your classes. Speak to your IDP counsellor about what is required for your visa and study country. 

We’re here to help make sure you’re protected with health cover that’s right for you.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is compulsory for all international students in Australia.  All you have to do is choose from a range of Government approved providers including:

  • Australian Health Management
  • BUPA Australia
  • Medibank Private
  • NIB

Stay protected with the right cover. Your IDP counsellor will guide you through the application. They’ll explain the different features and pricing to help you choose cover that suits you. And if you need any help with your health insurance in Australia, we’re ready to help.

Protecting your health is easy with IDP. Once you’ve chosen an OSHC provider together, your IDP counsellor will complete the paperwork and you’ll receive your visa verification certificate via email. Simple!

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list