text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation

Canadian student visa requirements

You can take the hassle out of study permits by understanding the facts. It is really that easy.

In Canada, a student visa is often referred to as a "study permit".

It is important that you make sure you have the correct study permit for your international studies before you leave for Canada.

Where to find the right information

As study permit conditions can change quickly, you will need to make sure you follow up to date advice.

The best place to find this advice is on the website of the Canadian immigration authority, which is called the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you need help in finding the relevant IRCC information, your IDP counsellor can direct you to it. Your counsellor can also help you find the authorised immigration representatives, if required.

We can help you

Often, you will have to translate and courier your documents.

Our team can help you through this as well, so that you have less paperwork to keep track of.

We offer visa support to students like you who wish to study in Canada, for free of charge.

We would also advise you to visit the IRCC and other relevant websites to ensure that you have the latest information on visa requirements.

Our commitment is to help you in your study abroad journey. We do not provide immigration and permanent residency advice.


Is it safe to live and study in Australia?
by nithya
Australia is one of the most livable cities in the world. Plenty of space, warm weather and economic prosperity all contribute to making Australian cities great places to live and study.
Can I do a Masters of Pharmacy in the UK?
by Asrar
Yes, please check out Belfast, Cardiff, Greenwich, Hertfordshire, Huddersfield, Lincoln, Liverpool John Moores and Portsmouth.
What are the top universities in Australia for studying engineering?
by Rutu
Top options for engineering include RMIT University, Monash University, UNSW, UQ, Uni Adelaide, UTS, QUT and ANU.

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list