You like to have control of your visa application. We can guide you.
IDP can explain the visa process for you to make it a little easier. IDP counsellors have been through the process many times before with students like you, so a few pointers from someone with experience may save you many hours and worries.
Your counsellor can walk through the student visa application process and the relevant information on the Australian government’s website. They can help you prepare the necessary documents for your submission and help you prepare for your visa interview.
You are required to lodge your application for a visa at least 12 weeks before the orientation date at your institution.
You will need the following documents for your visa application:
- Visa application form (which your education counsellor will help you complete)
- Visa application fee
- Four passport-sized photographs
- Valid passport
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
- IELTS result (your counsellor can book your place in an English test)
- Academic and work experience documents
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
* For a detailed visa application checklist, please speak to your counsellor.
Your application will be allocated a unique Transaction Reference Number (TRN) by the Australian Government. You can find out about the status of your application online.