- Study Overseas
- Study Overseas overview
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the UK
- Study in the USA
- Study in New Zealand
- Study in Canada
- Student services
- Overseas Examinations
- World University Rankings
- Credit Transfer
- DSE Zone
- Upcoming Activities
- Course search
- Experts' Articles
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- About IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- Prepare for IELTS
- Test Results
- 雅思国际英语水平測试 (簡)
- IDP IELTS Awards
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in the USA
Study in New Zealand
IDP IELTS Awards 2017
"Go! Show Yourself to the World."
The IDP IELTS Award is open to permanent residents in Hong Kong who meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Commence an overseas undergraduate or postgraduate study in the 2017/2018 academic year. The course start date must be from September 2017 up to 31 March 2018.
• Provide a Letter of Acceptance from the attending institution by 31 July 2017.
• The applied higher educational institution must accept IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
• Book an IELTS test with IDP Education Hong Kong between 19 September 2016 and 30 April 2017. Applicant must include the IELTS test report form in the award application form.
• Achieve a minimum band score of 6.5 in overall band score and not less than 6.0 for individual component.
Application Process and Guidelines
- Book and sit an IELTS test with IDP IELTS Test Centre in Hong Kong between 19 September 2016 and 30 April 2017.
- Create a creative video clip and upload your video to Dropbox or Google Drive. The length of video clip should be within 5 minutes and meet the following requirements:
• 2-minute self-introduction and overview on the idea of this video
• 3-minute contents related to the topic – “Go! Show yourself to the World!”. You can film about:
• My IELTS experience
• What makes me unique
• My dream and how I plan to make it come true
• Video should be creative, original and display your communication skills
• Video must include a recognizable shot of the IDP logo
• Language of the video used must be in English
- Download and complete the IDP IELTS Awards Application Form.
- Email the completed application form, a copy of IELTS Test Report Form and the link to download your video to IDP IELTS Awards email email@example.com. You must use the following as your email subject:
"IDP IELTS Awards 2017/18 - Hong Kong: <Your Full Name>"
- The completed application form, a copy of IELTS Test Report Form and the link to download the creative video must reach the inbox firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on 30 April 2017. Late application will not be considered.
- Winners will be notified and announced at IDP IELTS website by 30 June 2017.
- To be eligible to receive the award, winners must provide a Letter of Acceptance (COE/i-20/CAS or equivalent) from the institution by 31 July 2017 and after we have confirmed your enrollment status with the institution*
*Failure to provide a Letter of Acceptance by the deadline and status hasn't been confirmed by institution will result in immediate disqualification of the Award winner.
• Application opens: 19 September 2016
• Deadline for submission of application form, IELTS test report form and video clip: 5:00pm, 30 April 2017
• Panel review of submission: 1 May - 15 June 2017
• Announcement of the winners: 30 June 2017
• Deadline for submission of letter of acceptance from the institution (for winners): 31 July 2017
• Award Presentation: 16 August 2017 (Tentative)
The winners will be selected by a judging panel from the senior management team from IDP Education. The panel will use the video clip submitted by the applicant as the key selection criteria. The video will be judged based on creativity (25%), originality (25%), contents (25%) and communication skills (25%).