- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the UK
- Study in the USA
- Study in New Zealand
- Study in Canada
- Student services
- Overseas Examinations
- World University Rankings
- Credit Transfer
- DSE Zone
- Upcoming Activities
- Course search
- Student Sharing
- Experts' Articles
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- About IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- Prepare for IELTS
- Test Results
- 雅思国际英语水平測试 (簡)
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in the USA
Study in New Zealand
IELTS for Overseas Exchange Programmes – 2017/18
Studying abroad can be a life-changing experience.
An overseas exchange programme can help you to experience a new culture and learning environment, to develop new approaches to learning, and to improve your English.
Universities in Hong Kong provide exchange places with overseas partner institutions. Hong Kong students study at their host institutions for between one semester to one year.
Overseas institutions require you to provide proof of your English language proficiency — often a minimum of an IELTS 6.0-6.5 band score (IELTS Academic). IELTS is accepted by more than 10,000 organisations in over 145 countries, with more than 3 million tests taken last year. IELTS assesses all of your English skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking — and is designed to reflect real life use of English.
IDP Education, co-owner and official test centre of IELTS
The IELTS test is co-owned and was co-created by IDP:IELTS Australia, the British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
IELTS Requirement for International Exchange Programme from 8 UGC-funded Universities
1. City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- College of Business
- College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering
- School of Creative Media
- School of Energy and Environment
- School of Law
2. Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
3. Lingnan University (LU)
4. The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
5. The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK)
6. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) (2017 – 2018)
7. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- School of Science
- HKUST Business School
- School of Engineering
- HKUST School of Humanities and Social Science
8. The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
IELTS for Further Studies and Work
IELTS is accepted as a proof of English language proﬁciency for study, work and migration in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US where English is the main language used in the workplace or the classroom.
English is the main language used in the workplace or the classroom. Each country has its own IELTS scores requirements. For the most updated information, please visit relevant government websites.
Exclusive Benefits for students in Hong Kong universities and tertiary institutions:
* Terms and Conditions:
1. This promotion is eligible for Full Time Students in local tertiary institutions who registers the IELTS or IELTS for UKVI test with IDP Education (Hong Kong) from 20th October to 20th November 2017.
2. The candidate will receive a “Payment confirmation” email once the online registration is completed. Please visit IDP Education (Hong Kong) in-person with the “Payment confirmation” email, original ID document and student ID card for redemption of the “USB Travel Adaptor” on or before 31st December 2017. Late collection will not be accepted. The redemption may be arranged by an authorized person with the “Payment confirmation” email, original authorization letter signed by the candidate, copy of candidate’s ID document and candidate’s student ID card.
3. The candidate who registers the test in-person will receive the “USB Travel Adaptor” once the registration and payment of test fee is completed. the “USB Travel Adaptors” are available while stock lasts.
4. The login details for “IELTS Practice Test” will be sent to candidate by email once the application is verified. If candidate need “Essential English Exercise”, you may send your full name and test date to email@example.com. The login details for “Essential English Exercise” will be sent to candidate by email within 1 to 3 working days once candidate’s identity is verified.
5. Candidate can choose ONLY ONE of the components (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking) from the “IELTS Practice Test” for use.
6. Eligible candidate is entitled to obtain one login for accessing “IELTS Practice Test”, “Essential English Exercise” and one “USB Travel Adaptor” for free .
7. The login for “IELTS Practice Test” and “Essential English Exercise” is valid for 30 days once the account is activated. The login for the “IELTS Practice Test” and “Essential English Exercise” is no longer valid after candidate attends the IELTS test.
8. This promotion does not apply to the candidate who has requested for refund on the test fee.
9. This promotion is non-transferable and has no cash value.
10. IDP Education (Hong Kong) reserves the rights of final decision in case of any dispute.