1. Test Fee
Paper Based - HKD $2,010
IELTS on computer - HKD $2,010
A new identity verification process on candidates has been taken by IELTS Test Centres under IDP IELTS: Australia with effects on 19 March 2011. Your identity is required to be verified on the test day by having your photograph and fingerscan taken. You can refer to the identity verification document for details.
You may download a copy of the “Notice to Candidates” for important test rules and guidelines.
2. Registration Methods
Please bring with you the following documents:
1. Completed registration form (can be obtained in our office/downloaded here)
2. Original HKID card or Passport
3. Copy of your HKID card or Passport
4. Copy of your previous IELTS result (if applicable)
5. Self-addressed envelope (can be obtained in our office)
6. Test Fee (Cash or EPS)
· If you cannot register in person, you may authorize somebody to register for you. The authorized person must bring with an original authorization letter with candidate’s signature and the above documents, except in number 3 for the authorized person’s original HKID card or Passport.
Easy steps for IELTS online registration
1. Register an account
2. Login your account
3. Select a test date (Please note that at this IDP IELTS Test Centre your Speaking Test may be on a different day to the Listening/Reading/Writing Test)
4. Complete the candidate details and application details
5. Apply for addition test report form to be sent to institutions and organisations (If applicable)
6. Verify your test application information
7. Online Payment: We accept Credit Card (Visa/Master) or PayPal.
(Note: If you pay by credit card, please click “PayPal”. However, you are not required to create a PayPal account, just simply follow the prompts to proceed the payment) (Please complete all fields in English)
Before choosing a test session, please have the following items available:
1. A valid ID document * (HKID/Passport)
2. A digital copy of your ID document (PDF or JPEG format)
3. Credit card (Visa/ Master), account information of PayPal
3. IELTS Test Locations
IELTS on computer:
IDP IELTS Test Centre (Mong Kok)* - Room 1202-05, 12/F, T.O.P "This is Our Place", 700 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Mong Kok MTR Station, Exit B4)
Click here for location details
Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel^ - 238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Cordis Hong Kong - 555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
The Royal Garden - 69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
True Light Girls’ College* - 54A Waterloo Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
Test venue cannot be requested as they are subject to availability. The venue and the time of the speaking test will be provided at the conclusion of the IELTS online registration process. All the test venues are equipped with a centralized audio system for Listening unless specified. The confirmation will be sent to candidate by email seven days before the test day. For information, please contact us on 2179 3600.
* Candidate is provided with a headset for the listening test at IDP IELTS Test Centre (Mong Kok) and True Light Girls’ College.
^ Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel and Regal Riverside Hotel are approved test venues for IELTS for UKVI Test and Life Skills Test.
4. On the test day
The Confirmation of Registration, HKID/Passport (with the number shown at Candidate ID No. above) should be presented at the test registration counter and during the Test. No candidate will be allowed to take the test without these documents.
Candidate is required to be verified either at test registration or on test day. This may include:
1. Having your photograph taken and this photograph taken by the test centre will appear on the Test Report Form
2. Having your finger-scan taken
3. The scheduled time for the Speaking Test will be printed on an interview slip and will be distributed on the test date
4. Stationery will be provided, other materials are not allowed in the test venue
5. No candidate will be allowed to enter the test venue after 08:40 am. The test fee of absentees and latecomers will be automatically forfeited
More about on the test day
5. Test Results
The IELTS results are available on the 13th* day (paper-based IELTS) after the test. The IELTS results are given on a Test Report Form which includes your overall band score the score of the four test components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Each candidate will only receive one copy of the test report form. Candidates are required to collect the result in person or nominate an authorized person to collect it on your behalf at IDP Hong Kong office on the collection schedule. (Download the Authorization Form). All uncollected test report forms will be posted by ordinary mail (local) / air mail (overseas) to the address provided in your application. The IELTS results are available on the 13th* day (paper-based IELTS) after the test. The IELTS results are given on a Test Report Form which includes your overall band score the score of the four test components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Each candidate will only receive one copy of the test report form. Candidates are required to collect the result in person or nominate an authorized person to collect it on your behalf at IDP Hong Kong office on the collection schedule. (Download the Authorization Form). All uncollected test report forms will be posted by ordinary mail (local) / air mail (overseas) to the address provided in your application.
You can preview for your provisional IELTS results online (https://results.ieltsessentials.com/). The provisional IELTS results are available on on the 13th* day (paper-based IELTS) after the test, and will remain available for 28 days thereafter.
*Note: Results for IELTS on computer are usually available in 5 days after you finish all components of your test. Candidates are required to collect the result with provision of above said documents at IDP Hong Kong office on the collection schedule (from 10:30 to 12:30). Candidates can also preview the provisional IELTS results online (https://results.ieltsessentials.com/) on the result release day. Please note that the result release day will be postponed to the next working day if the 5th day falls on Sunday or public holiday. Notification will be given to candidate if the results are not available on scheduled date.
6. Special Needs
If you require special arrangements please contact the test centre immediately. Please kindly note that candidates requiring special arrangements are asked to submit the request at least 3 months before the test and inform the test centre before they pay their test fees.
7. Changing of test date/ test versionCandidates are not allowed to make any changes for the date or version of the registered test within 5 weeks before the registered test date. Any request for changes is subject to the availability of seats for the test. An administration charge (25% of the test fee) will be applied. Each candidate shall only be allowed to reschedule ONCE. Deferments cannot be made for more than 1 month after the date of the original registered test.
8. Refund Policy
No refund will be granted within 5 weeks before the registered test date. Any request for refund is subject to approval by IELTS Administrator. A maximum of 75% of the test fee is refundable as an administration charge of 25% will be deducted from the test fee. Request for refund with detailed explanation must be made in writing to the IELTS Administrator.
9. Other important notices
1.) Speaking Test may be on a different day to the Listening/ Reading/ Writing Test
2.) Valid ID document (HKID/Passport) should be used for both IELTS registration and presented on the test date, the ID document used must be the same copy
3.) Candidates are recommended to collect the test report form in person at IDP office
4.) IELTS is suitable for candidates aged 16 or above
Please click here for the information on IELTS for UKVI