Prepare for your IELTS test with Tips from IDP
Building your oral communication skills in English is the key to attaining success in your IELTS test. In order to supplement your own individual activities to improve your English-speaking capabilities, IDP Education's IELTS preparation course provides students in Hong Kong valuable support tools to help you get ready for the test.
Our IELTS preparation course in Hong Kong includes everything from free sample past papers to speaking test samples, seminars and pre-recorded videos, so there’s something in our library to help every student sharpen both their written and oral English skills. Our course also offer comprehensive IELTS preparation exercises to help you develop the required skills to succeed in the exam.
Please remember that improving your English language skills requires continuous study and daily practice, as well as exposure to different situations. In addition to utilising these resources, students are encouraged to spend time with a respected tutor, and to also practice their English within informal settings with fluent speakers. When you absorb our IELTS tips, complete sample tests and undertake the preparation course, you’re able to develop your skills in as many ways as possible, which won’t just help you to succeed in the IELTS course examination, but to also become a more confident and proficient English speaker in general.
For more tips, sample tests and more, take a look at our library of IELTS preparation resources below, or get in touch with our counsellors and obtain the specific guidance you need to succeed.
Free IELTS Seminar
- IELTS Expert Seminar (Exclusive to IDP IELTS test takers) is conducted by experienced IELTS expert who will provide advices, hints and tips to help you prepare for your IELTS test.
- IELTS Information Seminar (For candidates who has not or going to register for IELTS test) provides an indepth knowledge and anayltics about IELTS test format and the assessment, and how IELTS is accepted by educational institutions, government authorities and professional bodies. Register to reserve your seats.
IELTS Online Test
- IELTS Progress Check is an official online practice test to help candidates to prepare for their IELTS test and tips by IELTS experts on how to improve.
- IELTS on Computer Online Test - learn what to expect IELTS on Computer online test and the format with IELTS Familiarization test
IELTS Online Practice
- NEW IELTS Prepare - Free comprehensive & personalized preparation online platform which are relevant to your learning needs
- NEW IELTS Macquarie Preparation Course - Personalised courses developed by Macquarie University experts to learn important reading, listening and writing skills and strategies
- IELTS Reading & Writing Online Practice (Academic) - Test yourself with these IELTS Academic Reading/Writing questions (PDFs, online tests) and check with the answers provided
- IELTS Reading & Writing Online Practice (General Training) - Familiarise yourself with IELTS General Reading/Writing and test yourself with these sample questions (PDFs, online tests).
- IELTS Listening Online Practice - Practise your listening skills and get familiarise with IELTS Listening test format with the sample questions (PDFs, online tests)
IELTS Preparation Exercise Books
- Official IELTS Practice Materials outlines IELTS format and scoring, and include comprehensive sections of practice tests with answers
- Grammar for IELTS covers a wide range of grammar for IELTS Tests and includes IELTS tasks for Academic and General Training Reading, Writing and Listening modules
- Vocabulary for IELTS covers the vocabulary needed in IELTS tests and provides tips and practices to approach exam tasks
- IELTS Common Mistakes explains how to use English accurately, addresses key issues within common mistakes and checks your learning progress