IELTS registration method and process
1. Test Fee
- Paper Based: HKD $2,200
- IELTS on computer: HKD $2,200
Candidates can apply in person at IDP Education (Hong Kong Office) or through our IELTS online registration system.
A new identity verification process on candidates has been taken by IELTS Test Centres under IDP IELTS: Australia with effects on 19 March 2011. Your identity is required to be verified on the test day by having your photograph and fingerscan taken. You can refer to the identity verification document for details.
You may download a copy of the “Notice to Candidates” for important test rules and guidelines.
2. Registration Method
3. IELTS Test Locations
IDP Education holds the IELTS Test at various hotels, schools and conference centres on Hong Kong Island (includes Central, Wanchai, Causeway Bay, etc), in Kowloon (includes Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsui, Yau Ma Tei etc.), as well as in Shatin, N.T. Find the test venues regularly used by IDP below:
IDP Education Testing Centre
Room 1202-05, 12/F, T.O.P This is Our Place, 700 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Mong Kok MTR Exit B4)
IDP Education Testing Centre
Level 15, The Lee Garden Two, 28 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong (Causeway Bay MTR Exit F1)
IDP Education Testing Centre
11/F, 133 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Ngau Tau Kok MTR Exit B6)
Room 2807-09, 28/F Harbour Centre, 25 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong [Location]
Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel^
238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong [Location]
Cordis Hong Kong
555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon [Location]
The Royal Garden^
69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon [Location]
The Langham Hong Kong
8 Peking Road. Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong [Location]
Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
20 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong [Location]
Regal Riverside Hotel
34-36 Tai Chung Kiu Road, Shatin, NT [Location]
Test venue cannot be requested as they are subject to availability. The venue and the time of the speaking test will be provided at the conclusion of the IELTS online registration process. All the test venues are equipped with a centralized audio system for Listening unless specified. The confirmation will be sent to candidate by email seven days before the test day.
To find out more information regarding IELTS exam dates, fees, and locations, get in touch with us by phone (2179 3600) or virtually today.
* Candidate is provided with a headset for the listening test at IDP IELTS Test Centres (Mong Kok and Causeway Bay).
^ Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel and The Royal Garden are approved test venues for IELTS for UKVI Test and Life Skills Test.
4. On the test day
The Confirmation of Registration, HKID/Passport (with the number shown at Candidate ID No. above) should be presented at the test registration counter and during the Test. No candidate will be allowed to take the test without these documents.
Candidate is required to be verified either at test registration or on test day. This may include:
- Having your photograph taken and this photograph taken by the test centre will appear on the Test Report Form
- Having your finger-scan taken
- The scheduled time for the Speaking Test will be printed on an interview slip and will be distributed on the test date
- Stationery will be provided, other materials are not allowed in the test venue
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the test venue after 08:40 am. The test fee of absentees and latecomers will be automatically forfeited
5. Test Results
The IELTS results are available on the 13th* day (paper-based IELTS) after the test. The IELTS results are given on a Test Report Form which includes your overall band score the score of the four test components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Each candidate will only receive one copy of the test report form. Candidates are required to collect the result in person or nominate an authorized person to collect it on your behalf at IDP Hong Kong office on the collection schedule. (Download the Authorization Form). All uncollected test report forms will be posted by ordinary mail (local) / air mail (overseas) to the address provided in your application. The IELTS results are available on the 13th* day (paper-based IELTS) after the test. The IELTS results are given on a Test Report Form which includes your overall band score the score of the four test components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Each candidate will only receive one copy of the test report form. Candidates are required to collect the result in person or nominate an authorized person to collect it on your behalf at IDP Hong Kong office on the collection schedule. (Download the Authorization Form). All uncollected test report forms will be posted by ordinary mail (local) / air mail (overseas) to the address provided in your application.
You can preview for your provisional IELTS results online (https://results.ieltsessentials.com/). The provisional IELTS results are available on on the 13th* day (paper-based IELTS) after the test, and will remain available for 28 days thereafter.
* Please Note: results for IELTS on computer tests are typically available within 3-5 days from finishing all components of the test. Candidates are required to collect IELTS results with provision of the above said documents at the IDP Hong Kong office according to the advised collection schedule (from 10:30am to 12:30pm). Candidates may also preview the provisional IELTS results online (https://ielts.idp.com/results/check-your-result/) on the result release day. Please note that if it falls on a Sunday or a public holiday - the result release day will be postponed to the next working day. In the event that results are not available on the scheduled date, candidates will receive a notification.
6. Special Needs
If you require special arrangements please contact the test centre immediately. Please kindly note that candidates requiring special arrangements are asked to submit the request at least 3 months before the test and inform the test centre before they pay their test fees.
7. Changing of test date/ test version
Candidates are not allowed to make any changes for the date or version of the registered test within 5 weeks before the registered test date. Any request for changes is subject to the availability of seats for the test. An administration charge (25% of the test fee) will be applied. Each candidate shall only be allowed to reschedule ONCE. Deferments cannot be made for more than 1 month after the date of the original registered test.
8. Refund Policy
No refund will be granted within 5 weeks before the registered test date. Any request for refund is subject to approval by IELTS Administrator. A maximum of 75% of the test fee is refundable as an administration charge of 25% will be deducted from the test fee. Request for refund with detailed explanation must be made in writing to the IELTS Administrator.
9. Other important notices
- Speaking Test may be on a different day to the Listening/ Reading/ Writing Test
- Valid ID document (HKID/Passport) should be used for both IELTS registration and presented on the test date, the ID document used must be the same copy
- Candidates are recommended to collect the test report form in person at IDP office
- IELTS is suitable for candidates aged 16 or above
Please click here for the information on IELTS for UKVI.