IELTS for UKVI - Registration method and process
1. Test Fee
- IELTS for UKVI: HKD $2,020
- IELTS Lifeskills: HKD $1,515
Note: Fees for UKVI tests have been adjusted on 9th January 2019 for the 2nd February 2019 test onwards as a result of changes in exchange rates.
2. Registration Method
(Note: If you pay by credit card, please click “PayPal”. However, you are not required to create a PayPal account, just simply click “buy as a guest” in the PayPal payment gateway and follow the prompts to proceed the payment) (Please complete all fields in English)
3. IELTS Test Locations
IELTS on computer:
IDP Education Testing Centre
Room 1202-05, 12/F, T.O.P This is Our Place, 700 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Novotel Century Hong Kong Hotel^
238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Regal Riverside Hotel^
34-36 Tai Chung Kiu Road, Shatin, NT
Test venue cannot be requested as they are subject to availability. Test venue and the time of the speaking test will be listed in the confirmation of registration. Both test venues are equipped with a centralized audio system for Listening. The confirmation will be sent to candidate by email seven working days before the test day. For information, please contact us on 2179 3600.
4. On the test day
The Confirmation of Registration, HKID/Passport (with the number shown at Candidate ID No. above) should be presented at the test registration counter and during the Test. No candidate will be allowed to take the test without these documents.
Candidate is required to be verified either at test registration or on test day. This may include:
- Having your photograph taken and this photograph taken by the test centre will appear on the Test Report Form
- Having your finger-scan taken
- There will be CCTV Security camera system in each test venue. Video will be recorded during the whole test process including registration and all test sessions in the test rooms
- The scheduled time for the Speaking Test will be printed on an interview slip and will be distributed on the test date
- Stationery will be provided, other materials are not allowed in the test venue
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the test venue after 08:40 am. The test fee of absentees and latecomers will be automatically forfeited
- Candidates aged under 18 have to submit the Child Protection Consent Form, signed by parents or legal guardian, on the test day
5. Test Results
The IELTS for UKVI results are available on the 13th day after the test. The IELTS results are given on a Test Report Form which includes your overall band score the score of the four test components (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking). Each candidate will only receive one copy of the test report form. Candidates are required to collect the result in person or nominate an authorized person to collect it on your behalf at IDP Hong Kong office on the collection schedule. (Authorization Form). All uncollected test report forms will be posted by ordinary mail (local) / air mail (overseas) to the address provided in your application.
You can preview for your provisional IELTS results online (https://results.ieltsessentials.com/). The provisional IELTS results are available on the 13th day after the test, and will remain available for 28 days thereafter. (Applicable to IELTS for UKVI only). The test result of IELTS Life Skills will be released 7 calendar days after the test.
6. Special Needs
If you require special arrangements please contact the test centre immediately. Please kindly note that candidates requiring special arrangements are asked to submit the request at least 3 months before the test and inform the test centre before they pay their test fees.
7. Changing of test date/ test version
Candidates are not allowed to make any changes for the date or version of the registered test within 5 weeks before the registered test date. Any request for changes is subject to the availability of seats for the test. An administration charge (25% of the test fee) will be applied. Each candidate shall only be allowed to reschedule ONCE. Deferments cannot be made for more than 1 month after the date of the original registered test.
8. Refund Policy
No refund will be granted within 5 weeks before the registered test date. Any request for refund is subject to approval by IELTS Administrator. A maximum of 75% of the test fee is refundable as an administration charge of 25% will be deducted from the test fee. Request for refund with detailed explanation must be made in writing to the IELTS Administrator.
9. Other important notices
- Speaking Test may be on a different day to the Listening/ Reading/ Writing Test
- Valid ID document (HKID/Passport) should be used for both IELTS registration and presented on the test date, the ID document used must be the same copy
- Candidates are recommended to collect the test report form in person at IDP office
- IELTS is suitable for candidates aged 16 or above
Please click here for the information on IELTS test (Non-UKVI)
Test Dates - IELTS on Computer
If you choose the new option, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing components using a computer. The Speaking test will remain face-to-face, as we believe it is the most effective way of assessing your speaking skills and prompts a more lifelike performance.