- 海外升學 總覽
- IELTS國際英語水平測試 總覽
- 雅思国际英语水平測试 (簡)
- About us
About the process of identity verification
What procedures apply under the verification process?
Your identity will be verified either at test registration or on test day.
This may include:
- Having your photograph taken. The photograph taken by the test centre will
appear on the Test Report Form (you will be required to temporarily remove
any covering from your face)*
- Providing a sample of your signature
- Having your finger-scan taken (persons under the age of 18 excluded). If you do not consent to having your finger scan taken you must make this known to a test invigilator before a scan is taken whereupon you will be directed to have your identity manually verified.
Why does IELTS have this identity verification process?
The process has been developed to meet or exceed the increasing test security expectations of key stakeholders (such as universities, government bodies, immigration authorities of Australia, Canada, UK and US).
Why does IELTS now require the capturing of a photo and finger-scan?
- Greater reassurance for stakeholders regarding the reliability of the results
- Increased protection for genuine candidates
- Ensuring the candidate who sat the test is the person pictured on the Test Report Form (TRF)
- Ensure the same person sits all components
- Gives us a tool to prevent serial imposters sitting multiple tests
How do I know whether these requirements apply prior to application?
The terms and conditions are stated in the “Declaration” and “Notice to Candidates” in the application form. It is your responsibility to read and agree to all terms before signing the form. You should retain a copy of the Notice to Candidates for your own records.
What is finger scan? Is it different from fingerprint scan?
A finger-scan is different to a finger-print. The identity verification process collects a finger-scan as opposed to a finger-print. The finger scan is stored as a binary blob made up of number (1, 0 etc). An actual image of the finger-scan is not stored.
What security measures does IELTS take with my finger scan to ensure my privacy?
Every IELTS Test centre will take the necessary steps to comply with Privacy Protection legislation.
What can I expect on the test day, and how will my finger scan and photograph be used?
You will have your initial photograph and finger-scan captured when you arrive at the test venue for admission to the Listening, Reading Writing component of the test. This process takes approximately 45-60 seconds. Your finger scan is conducted at every entrance to a testing room for verification. The finger scan will be matched when you return to the testing room after a break. This process takes approx 5 seconds. Your photograph will be shown on the Test Report Form. The finger-scan data obtained will not be disclosed to any entity except the IELTS Test Partners. It will be retained for a period of 60 days after the test date and will then be deleted.
Are you under 18 years old?
Contact us for more information regarding the identity verification process for candidates who are under 18 years old
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact IDP IELTS at 2179 3600.
> 报考/ 查询考期