英國 Swansea University
英國 Swansea University 新推出的助學金計劃及國際學生獎學金計劃*，為入讀其 2020 年學士及碩士課程的香港學生而設，有興趣學生馬上向 IDP 升學顧問查詢！
Swansea University 助學金計劃（Thrive Bursary）
為入讀 2020 年學士及碩士課程的香港學生而設，合資格的學生可獲取 £3,000 英鎊助學金，並會從 Year One 的學費中扣除。
Swansea University 國際學生獎學金計劃（International Excellence Scholarships）
為入讀 2020 年學士及碩士課程的國際學生而設，成功申請的學士學生最高可獲取 £6,000 英鎊獎學金，碩士學生則最高可獲取 £4,000 英鎊獎學金。國際學生獎學金計劃截止日期為 2020 年 8 月 21 日。
Credit to: Swansea University
Swansea University 位於威爾斯的東北海岸的 Swansea，距離威爾斯國際機場（Cardiff International Airport）大約一小時車程。Swansea University 是一所研究實力受認證以及深受學生擁戴的英國大學，該校不但曾獲頒教學卓越架構金獎（Teaching Excellence Framework 2017），更曾被大學生選為 2019 年度大學 University of the Year（(What Uni Student Choice Awards 2019)。Swansea University 擁有 7 大學院，為學生提供廣泛的學科選擇，包括科學、科技、工程、數學、醫學、生命科學、社會科學及人文學科等等。Swansea University 現有超過 20,000 名學生，當中包括 3,500 名國際學生，為學生提供多元的學習環境。
-成功申請 Swansea University 國際學生獎學金計劃（International Excellence Scholarships）的學生將不能參與其助學金計劃（Thrive Bursary）
-助學金及獎學金計劃內容以 Swansea University 官方網站為準
-Swansea University 保留在不作另行通知的情況下更改、撤回、暫停或取消有關助學金及獎學金計劃的權利
Swansea University Thrive Bursaries – Terms and Conditions
- Must be classified as an overseas student for fee purposes.
- Must be fully self –funding your studies.
- Must be a national of one of the Following countries:
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- Must be enrolling onto a Full time taught course at Swansea University in September 2019 –the following types of programme are eligible – BA, BSc, LLB, MA, MSc, MRes and LLM
- This must be your first degree at Swansea University
- The Thrive Bursary of £3,000 will be applied as a discount off tuition fees for the first year of study only
- Students enrolling onto a Foundation or PreMasters course will not be eligible for this award
- Students studying for a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Masters by Research will not be eligible for this award
- Students who defer their entry (if you defer entry to the following year, the award will be withdrawn)
- Applicants are not eligible to hold other Swansea University awards such as bursaries/ scholarships, or home country sponsorship, however those in receipt of a bursary may apply for a higher value Swansea University scholarship which will replace the automatic bursary
- Students progressing from The College are not eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Bursary holders are reasonably expected to co-operate in Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes
- If it is deemed necessary for a Bursary holder to suspend their studies, the bursary will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis
- The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
Swansea University International Excellence Scholarships - Terms and Conditions
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees only and cannot be used for any other purpose
- Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates mustconfirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and paytheir £2,000 deposit.
- Successful undergraduate applicants awarded the maximum (£4000) InternationalExcellence Scholarship in the first year, who achieve 65% and above in their first year ofstudy will be eligible for a further £2,000 in year two.
- International Excellence Scholarships are available for the first year only of aPostgraduate degree programme.
- The International Scholarship Committee may use whatever means of assessment itthinks most appropriate in order to determine which candidates are worthy ofrecommendation for the award of a scholarship.
- Applicants can only be in receipt of one type of Swansea University award. TheScholarship Committee may in exceptional circumstances choose to award in addition toor concurrently with such held awards.
- Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co-operatein Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names anddetails being released by the University’s International Development Office formarketing purposes.
- If it is deemed necessary for a Scholarship holder to suspend their studies, thescholarship will be held on university account and carried forward to the year ofresumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personalcontribution on a pro-rata basis.
- If, in the view of the appropriate Head of School, a Scholarship holder’s progress isdeemed to be unsatisfactory, the Scholarship may be withdrawn. A Scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the Award. The candidate may be required to repay to the University any award that has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. If the scholar feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified, she/he may appeal in writing to the Head of the International Development Office within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University,the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made,either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee.
- The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw,suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in forcefrom time to time and such decisions shall be final.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee, and it may bethat applicants are awarded a scholarship of a higher or lower amount to the one which you may have originally applied for.