Swansea University Scholarship
Swansea University is pleased to offer £3000 bursary to every student from Hong Kong who receives an offer for under graduate and post graduate taught course at the University for 2019 intake. The students will automatically receive a Thrive Bursary and have £3000 deducted off their first year tuition fees.
The students must be self-funding their studies and must be enrolling to a full-time taught course at Swansea University for 2019 intake. It must be their first degree at the university.
Swansea University has achieved a Gold rating in the national Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) thus cementing its position as a Top UK University.
Swansea University Thrive Bursaries – Terms and Conditions
- Must be classified as an overseas student for fee purposes.
- Must be fully self –funding your studies.
- Must be a national of one of the Following countries:
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- Must be enrolling onto a Full time taught course at Swansea University in September 2019 –the following types of programme are eligible – BA, BSc, LLB, MA, MSc, MRes and LLM
- This must be your first degree at Swansea University
- The Thrive Bursary of £3,000 will be applied as a discount off tuition fees for the first year of study only
- Students enrolling onto a Foundation or PreMasters course will not be eligible for this award
- Students studying for a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or Masters by Research will not be eligible for this award
- Students who defer their entry (if you defer entry to the following year, the award will be withdrawn)
- Applicants are not eligible to hold other Swansea University awards such as bursaries/ scholarships, or home country sponsorship, however those in receipt of a bursary may apply for a higher value Swansea University scholarship which will replace the automatic bursary
- Students progressing from The College are not eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Bursary holders are reasonably expected to co-operate in Swansea University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes
- If it is deemed necessary for a Bursary holder to suspend their studies, the bursary will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis
- The International Development Office reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.