- Study Overseas
- Study Overseas overview
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the UK
- Study in the USA
- Study in New Zealand
- Study in Canada
- Student services
- Overseas Examinations
- World University Rankings
- Credit Transfer
- DSE Zone
- Upcoming Activities
- Course search
- Student Sharing
- Experts' Articles
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- About IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- Prepare for IELTS
- Test Results
- 雅思国际英语水平測试 (簡)
- IELTS awards
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in the USA
Study in New Zealand
The University of South Australia is a progressive international university with a 150 year history, supporting a vibrant student community from around the world. In 2013/14, the QS ‘Top 50 under 50’ ranked the University of South Australia at number 42 in the world for universities less than 50 years old. Highlights include: • A ranking of five QS Stars • Award winning teachers • Practice based learning and strong industry links • World class research • State of the art technologies in modern facilities • Excellent study support services and great student experiences
Faculties: Health Sciences; Business and Law; Education, Arts and Social Sciences; IT, Engineering and the Environment
The University of South Australia offers a unique educational experience that prepares students for professional and personal success.
The University’s dedication to academic excellence through coursework, postgraduate research and practical based learning is evidenced by the quality of graduates, who have the knowledge and experience as well as the personal and practical skills to make an immediate impact in their chosen profession.
Five Star University
The 2014 QS World University Rankings recognised the University of South Australia as a Five Star university for teaching, innovation, access, internationalisation and facilities.
Award winning teachers
Teachers are experts in their fields and almost 70 per cent of academic staff hold doctorates, which puts the University in the top 10 universities in Australia on this measure. Many of the teaching staff have been actively involved in industry and practise what they teach.
Practise based learning
Students will get the chance to test their learning in real work environments. They will have the opportunity to participate in clinical or field placements, assist with industry-based projects or work alongside people from industry and the professions.
The 2012 round of Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluation rated more than 86 per cent of the University’s assessed research as world-class standard or above.
Each campus is equipped with the latest facilities including modern lecture theatres, libraries, workshops, laboratories and areas that simulate how students will work once they graduate. This is all backed up by a fully interactive online learning environment.
Great career outcomes
Graduate employment rates are above the national average and the highest in South Australia. The Career Services unit offers employment and careers expos, networking and mentoring schemes.
Services are designed to help students succeed in their studies and manage student life. Among the 28 Australian institutions that participated in the 2013 International Student Barometer, the University of South Australia ranked number two nationally for support for international students.
The experience of a lifetimeStudents can enjoy a wonderful student experience as campuses come alive with events, entertainment, sports, clubs and social events. Opportunities for travel, volunteering, mentoring, career development and more are also on offer.
Areas Of Study
List of academic areas – i.e. Faculties/Schools/Colleges:
- Health Sciences
- Business and Law
- Education, Arts and Social Sciences
- IT, Engineering and the Environment
- City West - located in Adelaide’s central business district, City West is home to the Business School as well as visual art, architecture and design, Australian and Indigenous studies.
- City East - located on North Terrace in the city centre, City East is home to the Division of Health Sciences and the School of Natural and Built Environments.
- Magill - eight kilometres from the city centre, the Magill campus is set among lush gardens and open spaces and is home to the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Mawson Lakes - located north of the city centre and home to the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment, this campus also offers science, civil aviation and education studies.
- The University also offers programs on regional campuses in Mt Gambier and Whyalla.