- Study Overseas
- Study Overseas overview
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the UK
- Study in the USA
- Study in New Zealand
- Study in Canada
- Student services
- Overseas Examinations
- University Rankings
- Credit Transfer
- DSE Zone
- 2017 Spring Intake
- Upcoming Activities
- Course search
- Experts' Articles
- IELTS Testing Service
- IELTS Testing Service overview
- About IELTS
- IELTS for UKVI
- Prepare for IELTS
- Test Results
- 雅思国际英语水平測试 (簡)
- IDP IELTS Awards
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the UK
Study in the USA
Study in New Zealand
Are you planning to live, work or study in the UK? Have you already completed your IELTS test?
The UK government has announced they will accept results from all IELTS test dates held by this test centre between 6 – 22 April. This means that you can submit your IELTS results with your visa application to UKVI if:
- your visa application requires you to supply results from a Secure English Language Test, and
- your IELTS test date was before 22 April 2015, and
- your IELTS test was taken at IDP Hong Kong or at any of the 1,000 IELTS test locations around the world, and
- you submit your application to UKVI before 5 November 2015.
Student visasThe most common visa for international students entering the UK is the Tier 4 Student Visa. This is a points-based system.
As a Tier 4 (General) student, you must have 40 points to qualify.
You can score:
• 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies, which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as a 'Tier 4 sponsor'), and for having acceptable English language skills; and• 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs. (Source: UKVI)
Important note for Tier 4 Student Visa (without a pre-sessional)
UKVI has confirmed these changes do not affect you if you are entering directly at degree level or higher at an institution in the UK listed as Tier 4 Sponsors (previously known as Highly Trusted Sponsors). UK universities currently choose their own method of testing students’ English language ability and this will not change.
All British universities and colleges accept IELTS results. This means that you do not need to take the IELTS test under UKVI specified condition, unless required by your institution. You can register for a IELTS test here
Professional advice and guidance by IDP Education counsellors
Your experienced IDP Education counsellor will be able to provide advice and guidance throughout the UK student visa application process.
All visa applications to the UK should be submitted through the UK Visas and Immigration or one of its commercial partners (VFS Global and WorldBridge).
IDP Education’s counsellors are experts in guiding students through the student application process. If you have any questions about student visas to enter the UK, contact us today.
For more information about IELTS for UKVI, please click here
Information about Working Holiday Visa