- 海外升學 總覽
- 雅思国际英语水平測试 (簡)
- About us
Located in the second largest city in the United Kingdom, Birmingham City University is home to 23,500 students from over 80 countries, making it an exciting and diverse place to study. Birmingham City University gives students the skills they need to build a successful career, thanks to lecturers with real-life experience of business and industry and close relationships with leading employers such as Cisco, Microsoft, Cartier and Rolls-Royce
— 90 per cent of Birmingham City University undergraduate students were in employment or further study within six months of graduating. (DLHE survey 2012/13)
— Birmingham City University is mid-way through a £260 million investment plan, including a major expansion of its City Centre Campus, together with ongoing development of existing sites
Schools and Colleges
We have been educating professionals since 1843. Our courses are practiced-based; firmly rooted within industry to boost your employment prospects. Whichever course you study, you can be sure that you will benefit from innovative thinking, great industry links and state-of-the-art facilities:
- We are a Cisco Academy Support Centre and instructor training centre, supporting the global Cisco Academy programme, one of Microsoft’s top UK university-based academies.
- Our on-campus student employment agency Opportunity gives you a chance to earn while you learn.
- Many of our courses have internationally recognised accreditations, such as the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) and RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects).
- Our School of Jewellery is located in the heart of Birmingham’famous Jewellery Quarter, where much of the jewellery in Britain is made, giving maximum exposure to industry.
- Our School of Law offers the UK’s largest student internship programme to the USA
- Birmingham Conservatoire is one of the only nine conservatories in the UK and is an internationally recognised centre for research into composition, musicology and performance with live electronics.
- State-of-the-art facilities in our Mediahouse include four industry-standard TV studios with the latest Sony equipment, and a ‘green screen’ studio featuring the only MILO motion control camera in UK higher education.
- Our Acting students have the opportunity to perform in prestigious venues around the city, such as the historic Old Rep, the Crescent Theatre and Birmingham Hippodrome.
- We are the region’s largest provider of qualified health and social care staff to the NHS and have the UK’s only contract to train and educate Armed Forces healthcare practitioners.
- Birmingham City Business School has designed and delivered professional management courses for outside companies and organisations such as Jewson, Mitchells & Butlers and Greene King.
Birmingham is the perfect setting for an institution that works extremely closely with business to equip its students with real-world skills. There is a real demand for graduate skills in the thriving city of Birmingham, where many students have launched impressive careers.
Conveniently located, with Birmingham Airport nearby and first-rate transport connections to London and the rest of the UK. Not only is Birmingham Europe’s youngest city, it has also been voted one of the top 10 cities to visit in 2015 by travel publishers Rough Guides, demonstrating Birmingham’s continuing growth and appeal
Fees and Finance
|Standard international student fees 2015/16|
|ACCA full-time||£3,800 - £5,700|
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) will require you to have at least £7,380 in your personal bank account for 28 days prior to submitting your application. However, the actual amount you will need depends on the type of accommodation you choose and your personal lifestyle
Employability and Careers
Birmingham City University students are among the most employable in the UK - 90% of 2012 graduates gained employment within six months of graduation (Destinations of Leavers Survey 2012/13).
“Birmingham City University staff take time to prepare their lectures, keep us updated on Moodle, guide students on how to prepare assignments, comment on presentations, help improve styles and guide students for future prospects.”
– Asma Qureshi, LLM International Business Law, Pakistan.