Why Choose Keele University's International Study Centre (ISC)?
Keele university is renowned for its exiting approach to higher education, beautiful campus, strong community spirit and excellent student life.
Study Group as Pathway Providers
Pathway providers are private education companies that offer study and language preparation programmes to students and facilitate their progression from further education to higher education.
- Study Group is an expanding global network of specialist education counsellors who offer students the highest levels of personal support and educational opportunity by collaborating with some of the world’s most prominent universities.
- As pathway providers, Study Group has decades of experience and success in helping students getting accepted into some of the UK’s finest institutions.
- Study Groups International Study Centres provide specialist on campus preparation courses which allow students to progress directly onto the undergraduate or postgraduate degrees of their choice.
- Experienced faculty and advisors prepare Study Group students academically and culturally with a global outlook which is central to the delivery of their educational promise.
About the International Study Centre (ISC)
Keele University’s ISC recognises the obstacles and issues international students may face when adjusting to a completely different education system. This is why it offers students tailored support from specialists in university preparation.
- The ISC provides foundation courses for students wishing to study at both undergraduate and postgraduate level at Keele University.
- On successful completion of the foundation programmes, students are assured progression to a degree of their choice.
- The ISC is located on campus which is a collection of historic buildings, set in 600 acres of parkland, lakes and woodlands, making Keele UK’s largest campus university. The campus is a self-contained community, equipped to meet every student’s need.
- Not only are the student accommodations located on site, the campus is also home to a range of vibrant of shops, cafes and restaurant.
- International students are guaranteed accommodation on site and are fully integrated into university life. They have full use of University facilities and automatically become a member of the Student Union.
- ISC’s courses are validated by Keele University and taught by experts in higher education.
- Students are in constant communication with the University through their Link Tutor. The Link Tutor is a lecturer at the University who can assist international students in the application processes and support them with any other degree related queries.
About the University
Renowned for its beautiful parkland campus location, Keele University has achieved extremely high student satisfaction rates due its student centric approach.
- Keele was rated 11th in the country in the 2010 National Student Survey for the quality of its courses, which made it the highest placed university in the Midlands and North of England.
- The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise declared 85% of the University’s research to be of an international standard.
- The University offers high quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a safe and supportive environment. It provides modern and internationally recognised education taught by experts in their fields.
- Over 50 % of Keele’s student study dual honours degrees which prepare them for the professional world. This is one of the reasons why Keel is ranked in the top ten for graduate employment, with 96 % of their graduates gaining employment or carrying out further study within six months.
Variety of Courses
There are a range of courses available for students wishing to gain entry into a postgraduate or undergraduate degree at a UK university.
- International Year One is a specialist programme for international students which amounts to the first year of an undergraduate degree. It is aimed at international students who have good qualifications but don’t fulfil some of the requirements for a UK based undergraduate degree.
The course allows students direct entry into the second year of a degree programme. It combines academic and English language modules and is taught using university style teaching to equip students with the key skills required for higher education. Keele University offer the International Year on in: Business & Management, Computing, Media and International Relations & Politics. Students can choose to study the course in four, three and a half or three terms depending on their high school qualifications and English language proficiency.
- Pre-Masters provides international students with the academic skills and English language training required for a taught Masters programme at Keele University. It is aimed at students wishing to study a Masters degree but do not qualify for direct entry as they may not meet the academic requirements. Keele University’s Pre-Masters is a two term programmes and is offered in: Business & Management or Computing & Physiotherapy.
- Keele is committed to providing students long term career opportunities. This is why the ISC works with the relevant university departments to develop the student’s research area before they start their Masters.
- Successful completion of International Year One and Pre-Masters guarantees entry into a degree at Keele University.
- The ISC personally monitor and support students to keep them on track and provide them with the specialist knowledge needed to progress onto the degree of their choice.
The university is located in the heart of England and is renowned for its location. Keele is in North Staffordshire, halfway between Manchester and Birmingham. The scenic campus is on a hill which overlooks the town of Newcastle-under-Lyme.
The campus offers the best of both worlds; it is lively yet offers a tranquil environment to study in.
It is home to 70 % of Keele’s students and a few of their staff members. It is equipped with the latest facilities such extensive sports fields, tennis courts and a state-of-the-art fitness centre.
Stoke-on-Trent is located just a couple of miles away from the campus and is a popular attraction due its shopping area Hanley. The UK’s biggest theme park Alton Towers is just 45 minutes away from Keele. There are regular buses from the campus into the main area and Keele’s central location makes it easy to travel around the country by coach or train.