Need help? We're always here.
The Australian Government is highly proactive and takes immediate action when it comes to offering help to its international student population. However, we understand that some questions and concerns can’t wait so we created the IDP Helpline – a confidential, 24/7 service. The Helpline’s trained advisors are ready to take your call on just about anything. They’ll help you immediately or connect you with the right professionals. The IDP Helpline is here if you:
- Are sick and need to speak to a medical professional
- Need legal advice relating to work, housing or your education provider
- Want to be connected to a professional that can help you manage stress or anxiety
- Have questions about your student visa status
- Want assistance with lost travel documents
- Need to be connected with support to help deal with a serious trauma
Under 18? No problem
If you’re under 18 years of age, the IDP Helpline team can arrange to include your parent or guardian on all calls.
For life-threatening or urgent emergencies, call Triple Zero (000) to contact the police, fire brigade or ambulance.
Some other emergency contact numbers you should have saved are:
- SES assistance in floods and storms: 132 500
- Police attendance: 131 444 (all states except Victoria)
- International incident emergency helpline: 1300 555 135 (within Australia)
- Outside Australia– external site: +61 2 6261 3305
Read more on student safety in Australia.