text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation
Call us: 1800 102 2233 (9am – 7pm)

IDP Helpline

Need help? We're always here.

The Australian Government is highly proactive and takes immediate action when it comes to offering help to its international student population. However, we understand that some questions and concerns can’t wait so we created the IDP Helpline – a confidential, 24/7 service. The Helpline’s trained advisors are ready to take your call on just about anything. They’ll help you immediately or connect you with the right professionals. The IDP Helpline is here if you:

  • Are sick and need to speak to a medical professional
  • Need legal advice relating to work, housing or your education provider
  • Want to be connected to a professional that can help you manage stress or anxiety
  • Have questions about your student visa status
  • Want assistance with lost travel documents
  • Need to be connected with support to help deal with a serious trauma


Under 18? No problem

If you’re under 18 years of age, the IDP Helpline team can arrange to include your parent or guardian on all calls.

Emergency help

For life-threatening or urgent emergencies, call Triple Zero (000) to contact the police, fire brigade or ambulance.

Some other emergency contact numbers you should have saved are:

  • SES assistance in floods and storms: 132 500
  • Police attendance: 131 444 (all states except Victoria)
  • International incident emergency helpline: 1300 555 135 (within Australia)
  • Outside Australia– external site: +61 2 6261 3305


Read more on student safety in Australia.

IDP ISIC Student Benefit Card

The IDP ISIC Student benefit card unlocks thousands of special offers for full-time international students. And best of all, it’s free.

Overseas Student Health Cover

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is compulsory for all international students in Australia. We’ll help to ensure that you’re protected with health cover that’s right for you. Know more!


Is GMAT or GRE are required for applying in the UK?
by Anshuman
GMAT or GRE is not a mandatory requirement to study further in the UK. Only a few very highly ranked institutions may ask you for it.
What are the major intakes of UK
by Vin
There are two intakes, January and September. September is a major intake with all the universities offering almost all the courses however January is considered as a small intake with a limited number of universities and limited courses.Plus May is also a very small Intake with limited options.
best colleges for studying computer science in uk
by Desi Neha.P
Hi, CSE is available in most of the universities present today in the event. Kindly meet the counsellor to know the best Universities suitable to your profile

Please select a level of study

Enter subject, choose from the list or hit search

  • Start typing, choose from the list or hit search

  • Enter subject, choose from the list or or hit search

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list