Ecological and environmental problems are among the growing concerns for people all across the globe. In order to curb such environmental problems, Canadian institutions offer a full-fledged course in the area of Environmental Science. The program has been specially designed to produce graduates who are innovative and possess multidisciplinary skills with broad knowledge base in the area of environmental science.
Structured to be unique, flexible and relevant, a degree in the field of Environmental Sciences exposes students to varied phenomena such as global warming, pollution, forest conservation, soil erosion and more. At Canadian institutions, students have the choice to pursue a diploma, post graduate diploma, undergraduate degree and master’s degree in Environmental Science in Canada.
Why choose Canada?
Following are the benefits of choosing Canada for pursuing a degree in the field of Environmental Science: -
- Being a broad term, students are introduced to many different environmental subjects.
- Close attention is paid to the rapidly changing industrial requirements
- At Canadian institutions, students have to undergo an industrial internship that helps them gain a better insight of the actual work.
- Being one of the most crucial parts of living, there is a constant need for professional environmentalists all over the world.
- A degree in Environmental Science in Canada enhances the career options and pay package of the students.
Business and companies throughout the world are paying increased value on managing environmental issues and promoting more environmentally friendly business activities. In light of this, there is a constant need for professionals who possess expertise in the area of environmental science and can guide companies in an effective manner.
Jobs related to an Environmental Science degree include: -
- Environmental consultant
- Nature conservation officer
- Environmental education officer
- Environmental manager
- Water quality scientist
- Recycling officer
- Waste management officer
- Landscape architect
- Town planner
- Environmental health practitioner
- Transport planner
While different institutions have different admission requirements, here is a basic eligibility criteria required for admission in environmental sciences in Canada.For Diploma courses
- completion of higher secondary school
- relevant school mark sheets and other documents as mentioned by institution on its website/brochure
- a good IELTS / TOEFL score
- Minimum of 12 years of formal education
- English, pre-calculus mathematics and physics are required. (Chemistry and Biology may also be asked by some institutions)
- School mark sheets and other documents as mentioned by institution on its website/brochure
- A good IELTS / TOEFL score
- A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized institution equivalent to a Canadian undergraduate degree
- certificate(s) in the field of environmental science
- Work experience (if asked)
- A good IELTS / TOEFL score