With a growing demand for sound logistics in the global market, there is an increasing need for professional logistics and supply chain managers to manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the industry. To cater to this demand, Canadian Institutions have introduced logistics and supply chain management as a separate discipline for individuals to become well-versed with the intricacies of this field.
The course of logistics and supply chain management in Canada introduces students to a variety of fields which include operational management, process analysis, warehousing and transportation, global logistics, inventory management, supply chain management across the world, supply chain strategies, fundamentals of management theory and much more.
Advantages of pursuing logistics and supply chain management in Canada
Offering a degree that is acknowledged all over the world, international business in Canada offers students the best academic expertise. Apart from having a world class education system that prioritizes students’ education, Canada also offers one of the highest living standards in the world at the most affordable prices. Add to this the fact that Canada has a very diverse and multicultural society along with numerous chances for the students to mix with the locals, the reason for Canada being a preferred education destination becomes quite clear.
Choosing an Institution
There are a number of advantages of pursuing the logistics and supply chain management course from a Canadian institution:-
- A globally reputed Program
- Obtaining a student visa and admission into the Canadian institutions is comparatively easy.
- Being one of the prospering economies of the world, students get to learn more during their internship programs.
- After completing a degree in logistics and supply chain management, students can easily get into the industry in any part of the world and earn well.
- Most institutions also offer foundation studies at the higher degree levels for students to understand the subject in a better manner.
A degree or Diploma in logistics and supply chain management offers an opportunity for vertical growth. Students acquire professional competence in this field that leads to improvement in their job skills and pay package. Following are some career options for professionals with a degree in the field of logistics and supply chain management:-
- Purchase Manager
- Purchase Analyst/Assistant
- Materials Analyst. Materials Manager
- Strategic Planner
- Operations Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Commodity Manager
- Sourcing Manager
- Warehousing Manager, etc
In order to seek admission in logistics and supply chain management courses in Canada, students must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria:-For Diploma / Undergraduate courses -
- completion of 12 years of elementary education
- relevant mark sheets and other necessary documents as required by the institution
- a good IELTS / TOEFL score
- A relevant bachelor’s degree/diploma from a recognized institution equivalent to a degree offered by Canadian institutions
- Work experience
- Appear for IELTS / TOEFL exam in case your first language is not English.