- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad overview
- Student Services
- Destinations overview
- Study in Australia
- Study in the USA
- Study in the UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in New Zealand
- Student Speak
- Course search
- Costs calculator
- Step-by-step guide
- Upcoming Events
- IELTS Testing Service
- About us
- Contact us
Study in Australia
Study in the USA
Study in the UK
Study in Canada
Social Science is a field that involves the study of human society and social relationships. Most colleges and institutions in Canada offer diploma, bachelor's, master’s and postgraduate diploma degrees in social science. In pursuing a social science course, students gain in-depth knowledge in a variety of disciplines. These include historical, political, cultural and theoretical aspects of human behavior. Coursework at the Canadian colleges and institutions is generally designed so that students acquire different perspectives, internships and practical exposure as needed.
Advantages of pursuing a degree in Social Science in Canada
Social science is one of the most upcoming study fields. Pursuing a degree in Social Science in Canada offers students the following advantages: -
- An internationally recognized and reputed Programs.
- Obtaining a Canadian student visa and admission in colleges is comparatively simple.
- Being a progressing economy, there are a number of job opportunities that can be availed by students after completing education in Social Science.
- Social Science courses by Canadian institutions enhance the career options earning potentials of the students
- Theoretical as well as practical education is imparted in students.
- Students undergo an internship which helps them understand the industry in a much better and broader way.
- Job flexibility is high.
Students who attain a degree in Social Science may seek career in a number of fields. Some potential jobs include:-
- Social worker
- Social Science research assistant
- Policy Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Teaching and lecturing
- town planning
- Retail and Sales
- Business Management Analyst, etc.
Admission Requirements for Social Science in Canada
Students planning to pursue a diploma / degree in the field of Social science from a Canadian Institutions must fulfill the basic admission requirements. For an undergraduate degree or diploma, students must complete 12 years of formal elementary schooling and prove their proficiency in English language by appear for an IELTS or TOEFL exam, in case their first language is not English. Students are also required to submit relevant official school transcripts, an essay written in English and recommendation letters from teachers / headmaster.
On the other hand, those wanting to apply for a master’s degree or research degree in the field of social science must have a relevant bachelor’s degree equivalent to that offered by a Canadian institution. Students may also be asked to furnish work experience (minimum of one year) as well as proficiency in English language as a part of basic admission requirements.