Health Sciences is one of the most comprehensive programs in the field of science. It is a multidisciplinary study that prepares students to be creative and make practical contributions in improving the health of individuals and society as a whole. Masters and PhD courses in the field of Health Science provide an opportunity to health practitioners, health managers etc. to expand their knowledge within an interdisciplinary learning environment.
Benefits of studying Health Sciences in New Zealand
- A globally recognized degree for boosting career opportunities
- Students develop skills of critical analysis, constructive synthesis and advanced practice within the chosen area of discipline.
- Understanding contemporary health disparities and social determinations that impact health and wellness of people
- Universities in New Zealand develop advanced level understanding of legal, political and ethical dimensions of practice in students
- Students study in an environment that merges the western world with the eastern side, allowing them to understand each other and broaden their prospective health studies.
Entry Requirement for Health Sciences in New Zealand
1. Masters of Health Sciences
- Degree -Students applying for Masters of Health Sciences in New Zealand universities must have a bachelor's degree or a graduate diploma from a recognized university, equivalent to New Zealand Bachelor degree.
- IELTS/TOEFL -Students need to take the IELTS (overall band score of 6.5 with no band lower than 6.0) /TOEFL exam for admission in the course.
- Most universities also ask for work experience
2. PhD in Health Sciences
- Degree -Students applying for a PhD course in Health Sciences in New Zealand must have a bachelor's degree and a masters/postgraduate degree from a recognized university.
- IELTS/TOEFL -Students need to take the IELTS/TOEFL exam for admission in the course. For IELTS, the overall band score has to be 6.5 with 7 in writing and no score less than 6.0 in other bands.
- Most universities also ask for work experience (between 3-5 years)