As a professional discipline, the study of architecture combines both the arts and sciences. To study architecture in USA, students must have an understanding of humanities and arts, as well as the basic technical knowledge of construction and structures. Skills in communication, both verbal and visual, are also essential for this field.
While knowledge and skills are a fundamental part of the architectural study, designing, the ultimate process of analysis, critical thinking and creative activity, are aspects that are inculcated in the students at the universities of USA. Students can majorly pursue undergraduate level study and masters in architecture in USA.
Advantages of pursuing a degree in architecture in USA
- Globally recognized degrees
- Unlike other courses of study, architecture is much more ingenuous, and involves more practical work than theoretical knowledge.
- While pursuing a degree in architecture, students get to study various fields of human endeavor including arts, history, material science, physics, engineering and more.
- The program makes the students understand the intricacies of designing architectural pieces
- Obtaining a master’s degree in architecture in USA also enhances the career options and earning potentials of the students.
Selecting the right college to study architecture in USA
Selecting a university is one of the toughest jobs. Here some of the key factors to consider while zeroing in on a university to study architecture in USA: -
- Finding an architectural program that suits your needs or offers a curriculum for studying specific aspects of architecture.
- A university located in an area well connected to the rest of the city.
- A university which has a good placement cell and good rapport with the local companies.
- Tuition fee is also an important factor to be considered while selecting a university. Compare the fees structure of different universities before you finalize one.
- It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students which includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advisory services.