A degree in law has always been among the most sought after and widely reputed courses of study. Pursuing a degree in law equips students with the art of dealing with issues relating to business, economics, politics, environment, human rights, international affairs and even trade.
Unlike other countries of the world, in Unites States, law is not offered at the undergraduate level. Students need to complete a bachelor’s degree before applying to a law school for LLM in USA. The students may major in any of the subjects at the undergraduate level, but it is best to have earned a degree in areas of social science, humanities or behavioral sciences.
The course for Master of Laws (LL.M.) in USA is designed for graduates of foreign law schools who are interested in a formal program of study of the U.S. legal system. The course covers a number of fields including Intellectual Property Rights, Business Law, Corporate Law, etc. An LLM degree from USA is recognized and even preferred world over in the field of law.
Advantages of pursuing LLM from universities of USA
- The field of law is challenging, simultaneously educating students on legal matters and policies related to the field
- A globally recognized degree
- One of the most respectable jobs in the world
- A degree in law is a useful way of preparing individuals not only for specific legal careers, but also for a broad range of professional roles
- A degree in law helps students understand the contemporary business world, politics, sociology and ethics/modality
- It enhances the ability of students to construct and defend an argument persuasively
- Students develop excellent communication skills, spoken and written, including presentation skills
- Studying in a multicultural environment helps students gain knowledge about law structure of different countries
Eligibility Criteria to study Masters of Law in USA
In order to study LL.M. in USA, students must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below:-
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (4-year university degree) in any field
- Appear for an LSAT exam and obtain a good score
- Recommendations from professors or education providers
- A good score in IELTS or TOEFL exam which meets the minimum score required for admission
- Financial documents demonstrating your ability to finance your tuition fee and stay in USA