A degree in Pharmacy makes students work directly at the core of human healthcare. The typical Pharmacy curriculum takes up modules that focus majorly on chemistry, human biology and physiology, pharmacology and pharmaceutics. Most degrees in this field are a combination of academic research with vocational training and professional pharmacy skills like gaining knowledge about legal and ethical issues and how to interact with patients. Students are also taught about prescriptions, medications, drugs and clinical practices.
USA being one of the most sought after study destinations in the world houses some of the top medical colleges that offer degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Advantages of pursuing Pharmacy in USA
- A globally recognized degree
- Excellent research opportunities in the field
- Gain technical expertise and laboratory skills
- Enhance general IT skills, become affluent in data analysis and develop general research skills.
- Students get exposure to real time medical situations so that they are able to understand the medical intricacies and promptly find solutions.
- Medical colleges in USA teach students to work in a team, excel in making the right judgments and even develop proper communication skills for interacting with patients.
- The program also enhances the career options and the earning potential of the students
There are many fields where students with a degree in Pharmacy can work. These include research labs and academic institutions, hospitals and doctor’s surgeries, the armed forces, veterinary care, pharmaceutical companies and national regulatory bodies. Popular pharmacy jobs include:-
- Community pharmacist
- Research scientist (medical)
- Hospital pharmacist
- Clinical research associate
- Medical sales representative
- Higher education lecturer
- Regulatory affairs officer
- Product/process development scientist
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Science writer