Computer-delivered IELTS: 5 Benefits You Didn’t Know
If you were planning to take your IELTS test soon, you will be pleased to know that the computer-delivered IELTS is now available - and with it, comes amazing benefits.
While the IELTS test format will remain the same, 3 sections of the overall test can be done on a computer - the Reading, Writing and Listening tests. The Speaking test will still be done in front of an IELTS Certified Speaking Examiner.
IELTS Paper-based or Computer-delivered: What Should You Choose?
You might be thinking, “Why should I opt for the computer-delivered test?”. Here are 5 of the Computer-based IELTS as compared to the paper-based choice.
1. More Test Dates To Choose From
The Times Higher Education World Rankings is one of the world's most established metrics. It judges universities based on five key performance indicators- teaching, research, citations, international outlook and industry income.
2. Enjoy Faster Results
With the computer-delivered IELTS test, the results will be made available much quicker than with the paper-based test.
On average, the computer-delivered test results will be ready within 5-7 days while the waiting time for the paper test could reach up to 13 days!
If time is a factor for you, go with the IELTS computer-delivered test.
3. No More Messy Handwriting Worries
We get it, not everyone is gifted with beautiful handwriting and if you aren’t one of these lucky few, you might be worried about the examiner being unable to understand what you wrote.
With IELTS on computer, your writing test will essentially be done on a keyboard and if you are a fast typer, you will actually enjoy a speed advantage versus writers who took the traditional paper test!
4. Fewer Candidates In The Test Rooms (Less Stress)
Remember the times in secondary school where tests were taken with dozens of other candidates? You probably felt a little stressed which might have affected your performance and results.
While the IELTS is not a competition, having many candidates surround you could add a level of stress. When you take the computer-delivered IELTS, not only will you be able to choose the test dates that you want, there will likely be lesser candidates around.
That means you can focus more on the test at hand!
5. Zero Need To Count Words
At various sections of the IELTS test such as the Writing test, there will be a need to ensure that your writing is within the word limit.
When you take the computer-delivered test, there will be no need to manually count each word, your computer will show you the word count!
That means more time to think over your work and write better instead of counting words.
At IDP, apart from helping students process their university placements, we are a co-owner of IELTS itself and also conduct the computer-based IELTS test.
Learn more about why to take your IELTS test with IDP here.
Ready to get started? Discover our upcoming test dates and book your test with IDP today!
You can also read:
- IELTS Indicator
- IELTS Webinar
- 5 Benefits of Computer Delivered IELTS
- 5 Best Tips For Your IELTS Listening and Reading Test
- 5 Best Tips for your IELTS Writing and Speaking Tests
- 5 Tips Sukses IELTS
- 6 IELTS Preparation Tips to Help You Ace the Test
- What A Band 7 And Above IELTS Written Test Piece Looks Like
- Computer Delivered IELTS is Now Available at IDP Indonesia
- IELTS 101: The Different Types of IELTS Tests and How You Can Benefit
- What is The Minimum IELTS Score to Get Australian PR and Work There?
- What is the Minimum IELTS Score to Get Canada PR and Work There?
- Types of IELTS required for living and studying in The UK
- The Minimum IELTS Band Scores for Canada Universities
- The Minimum IELTS Band Scores for Ireland Universities
- The Minimum IELTS Band Scores for New Zealand Universities
- Paper vs Computer-Delivered IELTS : Why More are Choosing The Latter