Canada University Intake 2022
Canada is fast becoming a leading study abroad destination, drawing international students with an attractive mix of quality, affordable education, an inclusive community as well as stunning sights and sounds.
The country is also a hotspot for those who wish to gain valuable working experience, allowing students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutes (DLI) to get an open work permit.
While our education counsellors can help narrow down the universities that are ideal for you and guide you through the application process, it is always handy to find out what’s required and what to expect.
We’ve also created a university application timeline which depicts how early you can apply as well as the documents and actions required.
For Canada, the main intake periods are:
Fall Intake (September): September to December
Winter Intake (January): January to April
Usually, students choose an intake based on a range of factors such as preferred choice of study, the availability of a program in a particular university and academic records.
There are also application deadlines for each intake (below), and these can vary for certain institutions and programs with a different intake from the main ones. It would be best to speak with one of our counsellors to get tailored advice and up-to-date information.
Undergraduate and postgraduate in a
Fall – September
Winter – January
December - March
September - November
|Foundation Pathways – University Transfer Programs etc.||
Fall – September 2020
Winter – January 2021
January – March 2020
|Certificates, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Diploma programs in Colleges||Spring – May 2021||January 2020|
We’ve also charted a timeline to give you an overview of the university application journey, to better prepare you for an exciting new chapter ahead.
Student Application Journey in Detail (accordion format)
Explore study abroad options
Make an appointment with a counsellor (8 months to 2 years to course commencement)
Book an IELTS (Academic) test if required
- IELTS requirement 6.5 overall, no band less than 6.0
Prepare necessary paperwork
- Academic documents – i.e. O Levels, A levels/IB/Polytechnic diploma, Bachelor degree etc.
- Passport Copy
- Statement of purpose for PG applications
- Reference/Testimonial – usually 2 for PG
- Resume/ CV Work Experience
- *Optional: GMAT/GRE
- Document Preparation for Canada Study Permit
- 6 months bank statement showing minimum amount of CAD 50,000 or Bank Loan document
- Letter of employment for parents, min. 6 months payslip, property documents, financial statements etc.
- Study Plan for Canada Study Permit
- Police Clearance
- Medical Check up
Apply to universities
- Maximum of 5 Universities and/or Colleges
Receive offer/LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
- Average processing time is 2-12 weeks depending on institution
- Usually deposit required - amount payable is up to the first year tuition fee
- LOA is issued 1 - 2 weeks after acceptance
Apply for Canada Study Permit
- Application should take place at least 3 months prior to start of intake or up to 6 months prior to start of intake
- Students should have completed the physical visa forms along with other documents – like bank statements, property documents etc
- Medical Check Up completed
- Police Clearance completed
- Application for study permit is online amount is CAD$235 payable by credit card
- After online application is submitted, student have to book a biometric appointment.
- Study Permit processing time up to 70 working days.
- Usually held 1 month before course commencement by the individual institutions via Skype
Arrive in destination
Keen to embark on an exciting study abroad adventure? Simply fill in your details and chat with our counsellors for free!
Information You Need to Know
- Canada Scholarships
- Top Universities in Canada
- Best Undergraduate Business School
- Upcoming Intake to Study in Canada
- Cost of Study in Canada
- Education System
- Employment Prospects
- People and Culture
- Student Visa Requirements
- Why Study in Canada
Study in Different Cities in Canada
Canada Higher Education
- Study Bachelor’s Degree Canada
- Study Master’s in Canada
- Study MBA in Canada
- Study MS in Canada
- Study PHD in Canada
Courses to Study in Canada
Let’s get started
Sign up or login in with one click
View your shortlist or close this box to continue researching