Study Information Technology (IT) In New Zealand
Information Technology in New Zealand is another popular stream of education that several international students across the world work hard to pursue, to expand their scope of employment prospects.
A lot of New Zealand universities provide specialised IT courses in multimedia, programming, development, and designing under diploma, under-graduate and postgraduate levels. Institutes for Information Technology in New Zealand offer globally recognized degrees upon successful completion of the course, expanding the scale of job opportunities for the students.
Many of the universities in New Zealand provide foundation studies to students which assists them to better understand the subject matter. Along with that, IT students are also required to complete an internship program with a local company that further expands their understanding of the real time challenges involved on the job. This way, they gain the know-how which assists them to perform well in their future job roles.
New Zealand is one of the safest and most beautiful countries in the world. Home to some of the top universities of the world and offering excellent study opportunities and world-class education, it has become one of the most attractive destinations for international students. Students enjoy an array of research and internship opportunities which help in building the much needed practical skills for excelling in academics and future career.
Free Counselling with IDP Indonesia
Why study IT in New Zealand?
Here’s what New Zealand can offer those looking to further their studies:
- Internationally renowned universities: All 8 universities in New Zealand are placed in the QS World University Rankings® 2018, including universities such as University of Auckland and University of Otago
- Work while studying: International students in New Zealand can work up to 20 hours per week during school terms and up to 30 hours per week during scheduled vacation breaks without the need for a work permit.
- Post-study opportunities: Graduates can apply for a post-study visa to stay and work or up to 3 years upon graduating from their studies in New Zealand
- Proximity to nature: New Zealand is surrounded by beautiful landscapes of mountains and lakes. The great outdoors also offer adrenaline junkies the chance to do adventure activities including white water rafting, skiing and mountain biking
- Culture at reach: Auckland and Wellington have no lack of free cultural events, festivals, as well as discounted student entrance fees to museums.
- Safe and inclusive: New Zealand has consistently come out tops in the Global Peace Index for the levels of safety and peace. Low crime rates and a welcoming culture towards other nationalities are just some factors that make New Zealand a friendly and inclusive place to live in.
Choosing your university
Here are some key things to look out for in choosing your university:
- Research facilities – Cutting-edge equipment and resources can enable the research work and practical assignments done during your coursework.
- Industry associations and Faculty members
- Curriculum – Whether you are looking to specialise or gain deeper cross-disciplinary expertise in your field of study, do a research into the university structure and curriculum to see if they can fit your needs.
- Location – Popular choices for study include Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec. Choose the city that fits best in terms of lifestyle, budget and university choices.
- Course structure and fee – The kind of financial assistance and scholarships available to you may differ more substantially.
Admission requirements for IT in New Zealand
While requirements may differ across universities, typical entry requirements include:
- Qualifications comparable to New Zealand’s Year 13 or University Entrance
- IELTS Certifications
- Foundation pathways
Feeling overwhelmed? We can guide you through your options and the necessary application processes for universities and visas. Speak to our international education specialists now for free.
Free Counselling with IDP Indonesia
Information You Need to Know
- New Zealand Scholarships
- Top Universities in New Zealand
- Upcoming Intake to Study in New Zealand
- Cost of Study in New Zealand
- Education System
- Employment Prospects
- People and Culture
- Student Visa Requirements
- Why Study in New Zealand
Study in Different Cities in New Zealand
New Zealand Higher Education
- Study Bachelor’s Degree New Zealand
- Study Master’s in New Zealand
- Study MBA in New Zealand
- Study MS in New Zealand
- Study PHD in New Zealand
Courses to Study in New Zealand
Let’s get started
Sign up or login in with one click
View your shortlist or close this box to continue researching