Otago Polytechnic is a public New Zealand tertiary education institute, centred in Dunedin with campuses in Central Otago and Auckland. Otago Polytechnic is proud to be a leader in hands-on, career-focused education, achieving some of the best student achievement and satisfaction results in Australasia, and earning resounding endorsements from employers. Total 6,700 full and part time students with 700 full and part time staff. It was opened in 1870 as New Zealand’s first Art school and offers 100 programs, from foundation certificates to post graduate degrees, in 3 campuses.
Dunedin, Central Otago, Auckland
Pilihan Fakultas: Courses: - Health and Community Career - Creative Career - Hospitality Career - Business, Tourism and IT - Trades and Technical - Sports and Adventure - Life Sciences
Otago Polytechnic is one of New Zealand’s leading tertiary organizations and the quality of the programs are recognized widely. Some of the facts are as follows:
- Over 95 per cent of employers rated graduates as moderately to very highly demonstrating all attributes they value, and the same or better than graduates from other tertiary institutions.
- In a survey of graduates from 2011, conducted in mid-2012, 92.6 per cent were either employed, undertaking further study, or both.
- In 2012, Otago Poly rated top in New Zealand for qualification completions and had overall student satisfaction ratings were 90 percent.
- In the 2012 Australasian Survey of Student Engagement – which polled more than 25,000 students from 40 Australasian tertiary providers –The Poly led the benchmark groups for work-integrated learning, staff-student interaction, enriching educational experiences, supportive learning environments and the career-readiness of our degree students.
- When NZQA carried out its 2011 External Evaluation and Review, it gave Otago Poly its highest-possible rating: “highly confident” in our educational performance and “highly confident” in our ability to assess our own performance.
Otago Polytechnic’s programs are grouped into career pathways. This is to make it easier for students to figure out how to turn their interest in a particular industry into the practical skills and knowledge they’ll need to secure a job.
Many students are interested in more than one career. The Poly offers programs that combine elements of business with sport, for example, or engineering with design.
Programs offered are: Health, Community and Education; Creative; Hospitality, Business, Tourism and IT; Trades and Technical; Sports and Adventure; Life Sciences.
Student services and facilities are extensive and designed to support and enhance student life. Some of the Student services and facilities are as follows:
- Chaplain: Talk to someone who can understand your spiritual needs
- Counselling services
- Student Health care
- Polykids childcare centre
- Computer access, email and IT help
Dunedin: It is home to about 25,000 students, Dunedin is one of New Zealand’s best centres of learning. It is a safe and beautiful city with historic buildings, great shopping and interesting museums and art galleries. There are plenty of cafés, bars and restaurants that offer food from around the globe. A short drive from the city centre, one can enjoy lovely beaches and other stunning scenery, and see some of the world’s rarest wildlife.
The campus is within walking distance of the city centre, in the heart of the student district.
Central Otago: Known for its beautiful landscape, Central Otago is regarded as the adventure capital of New Zealand. It is home to many lakes, rivers and mountains, and offers a range of tourism, hospitality, adventure sports and leisure activities. Otago Polytechnic’s main Central Otago campus is in the town of Cromwell, the perfect place to enjoy water sports and the outdoors, with many opportunities for skiing and snowboarding close by.
Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand. It is the country’s centre of business and industry, and is known as the City of Sails because it is a world yachting capital. Auckland has beautiful sandy beaches with many islands close by. It has plenty of parks and other places to relax, walk and play sport. It has been rated the third best city in the world and the best city in Asia and the Pacific for lifestyle.
Our international campus is located in the heart of downtown Auckland.