The University of Otago Language Centre and Foundation Year is located in Dunedin, New Zealand. The Centre provides expert English language tuition, academic knowledge and an entry qualification to enable students to be admitted to a New Zealand university or improve their English language skills. Together, the University of Otago Language Centre and Foundation Year provide expert English language tuition, academic knowledge and an entry qualification to enable admittance to a New Zealand university.
학부: Courses: • Foundation programmes Preparing for undergraduate degrees in Humanities, Health Sciences, Science and Business • Language programmes -English for undergraduate academic courses -English for postgraduate academic courses
University of Otago Foundation Year: The Foundation Year certificate is a university entry qualification recognised by all New Zealand universities. There is a strong emphasis on English language skills while preparing you for undergraduate degrees in Humanities, Health Sciences, Science and Business.
University of Otago Language Centre: The University of Otago Language Centre is a leader in English language teaching in New Zealand and the world. We offer you the best in learning to speak, write, read, listen to and understand English. As a University of Otago Language Centre student you will gain knowledge, skills and confidence in a supportive environment. Each year, around 400 students from 19 countries come to learn and study English at the Language Centre.
- Brand new purpose-built building which is part of the University of Otago Plaza
- Independent Learning Centre (ILC)
- Digital Language Laboratory
- Six University of Otago Libraries
- 26 computer areas on campus including 19 with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access, e-Stops (stand up computer stations for short tasks) and wireless network throughout the campus.
- There is access to University of Otago resources including libraries, 24 hour computer suites and cafés and discounts on shopping, entertainment and travel.
- An in-house online student visa processing service allows students to apply for student visas through Student Support.
- Extra support is automatically provided for students who are under 18 years old.
- Student Support and Accommodation staffs are on-call 24 hours for emergencies.
- Several staff speaks different languages and is able to assist if communication problems arise.
- Specialist speakers and forums are also available to inform students on topics relating to student life and wellbeing.
- Academic Deans are available to advise or discuss any concerns that students may have regarding academic pathways, career prospects, extra tutoring or related issues.
- Dedicated in-house Accommodation office helps with homestay and other accommodation options.
- Weekly sports and social activities.
Dunedin: It is home to about 25,000 student and is recognized as one of New Zealand’s best centres of learning. It is a safe and beautiful city with historic buildings, great shopping and interesting museums and art galleries. There are plenty of cafés, bars and restaurants that offer food from around the globe. A short drive from the city centre, students can enjoy lovely beaches and other stunning scenery, and see some of the world’s rarest wildlife. "The University City" has a variety of restaurants, bars, cafes, music and dance venues, art galleries, museums and sports facilities.
The campus is within walking distance of the city centre, in the heart of the student district.
Students have access to the following university services: Student health services, Otago University Student Association (OUSA), Unipol recreation services, Clubs and Societies, Careers Advisory Service, International Student Clubs, Disability and Information Support.