3 Things to Do While waiting to Study Abroad
While your study abroad dreams may be on hold, you can still get ahead. Here are some things you can do in the meantime while waiting for the COVID-19 situation to stabilise:
1. Research Your Study Destinations
Take some time to understand the culture as well as the living expenses required to live there. These are two of the most important factors that will determine if you will enjoy your studies there for the entire duration of your course.
2. Determine Your Most Ideal Course to Purse
This will not only be affecting the duration and cost that you will have to invest in, but it will also likely determine the path of your career. Take the time to research the courses and decide on which courses you want to pursue and determine your budget and course duration you are willing to set aside.
3. Connect Digitally with IDP
Now that you have a study destination and the desired course in mind, get in touch with an IDP counsellor who can help match your needs with the right university.
Whether it's via mobile, WhatsApp, Virtual Counselling or email, our counsellors will provide tailored advice and will be there for you every step of the way.
How International Universities Are Handling the COVID-19 Situation
While Individual universities have their own different measures to control and prevent the spread of Covid-19, there are a few key measures that may universities around the world are implementing.
- Remote Learning and Teaching whereby lecturers and tutorials will be conducted online or hosted online for students to learn in the safety of their homes
- The practice of social distancing on campus, where students are encouraged to not gather in key areas such as libraries as well and food centres
- The monitoring of temperatures in hostel residences.
As the coronavirus situation evolves, it is important to keep up to date about the latest news on the COVID-19 outbreak and how it may impact your studies.
You will also find more information here